New pc

Associate
Hello,

I decided to switch to gaming desktop from laptop. I bought Monitor and desktop and today is my first day trying them out. I bought expensive (not beast) monitor and cheap desktop. I have noticed that I get quite often screen freezes for about 3s, they happen even on browsers, but in games the freezes are horrible , impossible to play ( AION for example ). Although the fans are really loud which bothers me too, that maybe theres something faulty, I think its the monitor too weak.
Monitor - Acer Predator po5-600s , intel i7-9700 cpu, rtx 2060 super, 16 ram
Desktop - Acer Nitro VG270bmiix , refresh rate 60hz, response time 1ms

I would like to hear what you think, I really hope it is not the desktop, only fans worry me much, because they have option for gaming too, but then its like plane in the room

Last edited:
Soldato
Does it still freeze if you put the game's graphics settings on minimum?
Do you have both monitors connected to the 2060 Super?
Does it have an SSD drive or just a HDD?
Internet connection ok, am not familiar with AION is that an online multiplayer game?
Browser freezes whilst using it on the other monitor whilst in game on the other or Browser freezes when not playing game?

Associate
OP
Does it still freeze if you put the game's graphics settings on minimum?
Do you have both monitors connected to the 2060 Super?
Does it have an SSD drive or just a HDD?
Internet connection ok, am not familiar with AION is that an online multiplayer game?
Browser freezes whilst using it on the other monitor whilst in game on the other or Browser freezes when not playing game?
It lags a lot when I load first time, if i move screen 1 angle it already stops for few secs, but I turned on AION 2nd time and I had no lags
I have one monitor
I think both, but i am using HDD
Yes it is , it is mmorpg
https://youtu.be/ZVWVeZzPf_k - this is sample video on sims 4, there are many lines moving chaotically, this is an issue aswell

Soldato
I'd guess it's loading from HDD to memory but can't keep up, flushes some from memory and reads more from HDD but the CPU needs it quicker and memory doesn't already have it. Try setting up a Steam library folder on the SSD and install the game there instead.

As far as the lines moving chaotically I'd try a new monitor cable first, display port if both monitor and card have that connection.

Back
Top Bottom