*** New Phanteks Eclipse P500 models ***

Associate
Cons:

• Eclipse P500A makes no efforts to deaden noise.
  • Case versions of SK fans are 3-pin and not PWM.
  • no fan controller included
  • Phanteks is keen to sell you a great many accessories.
Also if you look carefully the front case mounting system for the D-RGB fans it obstructs both the light and the airflow on the vertical left & right sides. Bizarrely if you look on Phanteks web site they show some pictures of the P500A without this problem, and some with. So not sure what Phanteks is up to here did they have a problem with the original design that they were forced to find a quick and dirty hack for, will there be a revision 2 of the case where this is fixed??? Don't know I've sent them a message to ask but not heard anything back yet maybe OcUK could ask them... Its worth noting the P400A doesn't have this issue.

Caporegime
Also if you look carefully the front case mounting system for the D-RGB fans it obstructs both the light and the airflow on the vertical left & right sides. Bizarrely if you look on Phanteks web site they show some pictures of the P500A without this problem, and some with. So not sure what Phanteks is up to here did they have a problem with the original design that they were forced to find a quick and dirty hack for, will there be a revision 2 of the case where this is fixed??? Don't know I've sent them a message to ask but not heard anything back yet maybe OcUK could ask them... Its worth noting the P400A doesn't have this issue.

Gamersnexus review mentioned the same.

Associate
Well I hope they have an answer soon, the Lian-Li is looking very competitive as an alternative. You can buy a fan controller for £20 to offset the PWM business but the fan mounts on the case look like a 'get it out the door quick' compromise.

Soldato
Just ordered one of these to see how they look, Phanteks SK PWM D-RGB 140mm. I was so impressed with the RGB started kit they do the RGB strip are brilliant, so hopefully they sync together.

Associate
Not sure if stock was due today however I went ahead with the pre-order anyway.

I'd love to know how you find it! I ended up going with the P600s which is due to arrive tomorrow, but would absolutely consider the P500 for any future builds due to the amazing write-ups it's had.

Soldato
I'd love to know how you find it! I ended up going with the P600s which is due to arrive tomorrow, but would absolutely consider the P500 for any future builds due to the amazing write-ups it's had.

I sure will do but recently returned a P600s as it was all busted up upon unboxing so I opted for the P500A, supposed to be in-stock today but no notification from OcUK yet as to shipping etc.

@Robbie_G - Any news on stock of the P500A?

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Sorry for my delayed response I have asked the goodsin team to see if stock has been received yet or if they have a booking in date for me. It is usually a week after landing at port which was the 8th so it should be this week. I will let you know shortly.

Associate
I sure will do but recently returned a P600s as it was all busted up upon unboxing so I opted for the P500A, supposed to be in-stock today but no notification from OcUK yet as to shipping etc.

Glad it's coming in so soon after it was supposed to and you never had to have a long wait :) Hoping that I don't have any issues with the P600s I'm getting today :eek:

Back
Top Bottom