New Phone spec!

Associate
Hey,

I'm looking to get a new phone from Orange; here are my options.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-monthly

What I would like the phone to do is:
Internet
iPlayer
Camera over 3.2 megapixel
Applications like stocks/youtube/Weather and facebook
Touch screen
Sat Nav

I have no idea what phone is the best at the moment, i've heard great things about the Blackberry and the HTC Hero (Speed issues) I want a touch screen but not sure whats the best. Thanks for your help :D

Soldato
Nokia 5800 fits the bill well. It's quite a popular phone on here and very affordable.

BBC iPlayer is your most limiting requirement. No Blackberry or Android phone supports it.

Associate
BBC iPlayer is your most limiting requirement. No Blackberry or Android phone supports it.

All android phones support BBC iPlayer with the "beebPlayer" app, adding one better than apple iphone you can actually use it with 3G/HSPDA and wifi (apple iphone app is wifi ONLY lol)

HTC hero would be your best choice from orange that can do all of your above wants (new official rom update on htc website has been released all lag is now gone from phone easy.)

dont get a nokia 5800 its not upto scratch at all.

Soldato
Thanks for linking me to the forum subcategory that I wrote in...

Thats fine mate, no need to thank me. :D I tell you what, i'll read all the forums and make a note of what each person has wrote before i try and be helpful next time. :rolleyes:

how about a nice polite, "yeah i've seen that thankyou"? or If i've made a mistake with the link, be nice, i'm mentally unstable and cant help myself. ;)

Look in the leo thread. Its going to be a good by the looks of whats coming so far. Either that or the Hero as it more than covers everything you want.

BTW hero does play the iplayer extremely well. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom