New Power Supply for around £80

Associate
My EVGA G1 was DOA so have sent it back today and would like a replacement,

i5 and a 1070 so about 550W+ and about £80 ish to spend , What is a decent long laster?

Man of Honour
I would have said the Bitfenix Whisper M 550w but it's out of stock. The 650w is in stock and probably a better buy as you are getting a extra 100w for £8 more. It has one downside though and that's a large 24 pin plug. Aside from that it's a excellent fully modular, gold rated psu built by CWT and has a 7 year warranty.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Failing that there are also the XFX XTR 550w and EVGA Supernova GS 550w. Both are fully modular, gold rated units built by Seasonic with a 540w 12v rail and 5 year warranties.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Associate
OP
Cheers!

I think a 650W is a good basis for me anyway I would like the option for overhead should I get another 1070. Not sure on BitFenix though are they reputable?

Soldato
Man of Honour
Cheers!

I think a 650W is a good basis for me anyway I would like the option for overhead should I get another 1070. Not sure on BitFenix though are they reputable?

These ones are, I wouldn't have recommended them else. I will never recommend a psu that is not a quality unit and that I wouldn't be happy running myself. The previous psu, the Fury series, was a mediocre FSP built unit that was more about the individually sleeved cables rather than the quality of the unit itself. As a result it was overpriced and never recommended.

Back
Top Bottom