New power supplys not working

Associate
Hi,
I have an msi nightblade 85c..I decided to upgrade the graphics card. I now needed a bigger power suppy..I went out and bought a silverstone sx550 80 gold rated psu..i fitted it in connected all the cables etc back..When i turned it on the system fan spun for 1/2 a second then nothing..I tried every possibe thing and the same thing happens but nothing will make it work..I came to the conclusion that it must be a faulty psu So i took it back and bought a different brand..A corsair 600w 80 bronze rated psu..Plugged it all in etc turned it on and the same thing happened,system fan spun for 1/2 a second then nothing..The stock psu works fine..What the hell is going on here? Will these pc's not work with any other psu?

Thanks

Associate
Hello and welcome to the forums.;)

What graphics card did you upgrade to?

Sounds really stupid, but are you 100% sure that all the cables were connected correctly - CPU 8-pin, Motherboard, GFX card?

Have you tried using a bridge adapter/the paperclip test to see if the PSU works? You could have had 2 dead PSUs out of the box, but it seems too much of a coincidence.

As far as I know, the Nightblade uses a standard ITX motherboard, so there shouldn't be any proprietary connectors.

Back
Top Bottom