New PSU issues

Associate
I recently had a PSU go bang so I purchased a SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1000W from here and everything has been fine up until a few weeks ago now when I turn the pc on it lights up for a second then shuts down but switches back on 30 seconds later (almost as if the PSU resets itself each time)

Nothing has changed it the machine except the PSU and as I have said it worked flawlessly up until a few weeks ago, I have replaced the power cable (OCUK didn't include a UK one for some reason) checked the fuses and even gone as far as replacing the gang plug the PC connects too (there are only 2 items connected too it PC and Monitor)

Could it be something I am overlooking or should I RMA the PSU?

Is it worth stripping down the PC to make sure something is not shorting on the case?

Any help would be great as once the PC boots it is rock solid

Soldato
I recently had a PSU go bang so I purchased a SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1000W from here and everything has been fine up until a few weeks ago now when I turn the pc on it lights up for a second then shuts down but switches back on 30 seconds later (almost as if the PSU resets itself each time)

Nothing has changed it the machine except the PSU and as I have said it worked flawlessly up until a few weeks ago, I have replaced the power cable (OCUK didn't include a UK one for some reason) checked the fuses and even gone as far as replacing the gang plug the PC connects too (there are only 2 items connected too it PC and Monitor)

Could it be something I am overlooking or should I RMA the PSU?

Is it worth stripping down the PC to make sure something is not shorting on the case?

Any help would be great as once the PC boots it is rock solid

I would say something is shorted in your system and your PSU cut off automatically when it detected a short.

But without access to your system it wouldn't be possible to comment whether that is the exact cause.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I will strip it down next week and run just the basics on a test bed, If it still does it randomly I might see if I can go direct to the manufacturers as I don't want to send it back to OCUK and have it go back and forth because the find no fault.

Back
Top Bottom