New rig here I come!

Associate
After pestering you all about three times over I have taken the plunge and bought...

P5B delux wifi

E6300

Seagate 320 7200.10

Corsair 620w SLi cert PSU

HP 940 DVDRW + Lightscribe

Dell 2407 [Couldnt be arsed waiting for BenQ to sort themselves out :rolleyes: ]

2GB (2x1GB) CorsairTwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800), 240 Pins, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12, EPP

Thermaltake armour tower.

-------------------------------------------

Okay...

Will I need a Tuniq tower for the CPU if i want to clock it to ~ 3//3.2 gighz?

And do I need to buy any data/power/DVi cables to hook it all together? I know printers and stuff dont come with USBs so i assume the Dell 2407 wont come with DVI etc.

Thanks guys.

Soldato
Azure said:
Okay...

Will I need a Tuniq tower for the CPU if i want to clock it to ~ 3//3.2 gighz?

And do I need to buy any data/power/DVi cables to hook it all together? I know printers and stuff dont come with USBs so i assume the Dell 2407 wont come with DVI etc.

Thanks guys.

You don't necessarily need a Tuniq Tower to overclock it that far, but it would be better for temperatures and stability.

Most of the cables will be supplied with the PSU etc, but for the monitor I'm not sure. Also if you bought OEM stuff some of them might not come equipped with cables and screws etc.

Soldato
I dont know about the DVI, the mobo will come with SATA & IDE cables if its not OEM, you may need a power cable, but Im kinda sure Corsair include one.

As for Overclocking, a Tuniq will be best

Associate
OP
Yeah but no manufacturer will hold themselves to the revision number, i read the driver heaven review of the 2407 and the "banding issue" i don't think i would really notice at all, they didnt seem to either so the price and spec is right for me at this time.

Though I look forwards to seeing the Benq in the flesh indeed :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone, appreciate it. You know I'll be asking why there is smoke coming from the mobo next week though :D

Back
Top Bottom