New Ryzen and Nvidia Build

Associate
After many years of service, my old OCUK Bayonet is retiring downstairs to be used as a general purpose family PC, so wont be reusing any components(except k/b & mouse).
This will be a gaming machine, with no particular genre in mind.

Only hard requirement is Nvidia, as I bought the AG271QG 27" Agon 2560x1440 165Hz from OCUK earlier in the week.

Looking mostly at bundles and things on offer, came up with

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,952.55
(includes shipping: £14.70)

Will that be enough, or is it complete overkill in some areas? Want it to last years if that is possible.
Thank you in advance

Soldato
These are all silence orientated cases. If you are going for a quiet build though an air cooler such as a Noctua D15S would be better (Quieter) than an AIO.

Total: £293.99
(includes shipping: £28.02)

I would also go for a different gpu/psu combo. Not that there is anything wrong with a Seasonic psu (Far from it) but they are overpriced against the likes of SuperFlower. Also Gigabyte have UK based warranty support.

Total: £845.44
(includes shipping: £10.50)

If you don't plan to SLI then a 550W or so would be fine.​

Soldato
There is absolutely no way I am picking a fight with 8 pack on memory, but there have been a lot of people commenting that you want the very fastest ram available.

That said I have just done a bit of checking and it is possible we are talking a couple of percent points difference, but if it was me with your budget I would want the fastest I could.

I don't know what the speed is on the teamgroup 8 pack has paired there, which is the only reason I bring it up.

Looks like you are going to have a complete beast of a machine though.

Associate
OP
Thank you all for the suggestions. Much appreciated.

New config

Total: £1,865.43
(includes shipping: £12.60)

Also, how would I go about getting it built by OCUK instead of myself. Haven't built anything for several years, and it's a bit expensive for me to get my eye in, so to speak.

thank you

Soldato
@WelshTony as mentioned Aorus in theory will be a quieter card due to 3x 100mm fans, if your going to get OCUK to build it for you, try and get them to use Thermal Grizzlie on the CPU and GPU, Gigabyte done mind cooler removal for Paste and im sure OCUK wouldn't put a scratch on it so should be good for any RMA issues ( hopefully none).

Tempered glass , specially 5mm panels can dampen noise more then Metal Panels with thin sound dampening material or none at all . I couldnt see if the Define C case has Sound material Added.
I know OCUK offers a service and Phanteks P400 models can come with sound Material added as Standard as well as a Glass panel . Just think of it this way, you've got such a lovely system on paper, same not to see if now and again. dont have to have LED in a blaze of glory, just down down the colour .

Noticed you havent got fans on the list! big big factor in noise as well. Silent Wing 3 fans or Wing Boost 2 will be able to supply your system with a lot of air, quietly . more cool air you can get the Aorus and Ryzen the cooler system should be as you'll be expelling all that heat out no problem

Associate
OP
The P400 does look nice.
How many of the various fans are needed? It's in North Wales so unlikely to ever encounter anything too hot.
From the description "Cooling: Front - 120mm Fan x 3 (1 included), 140mm Fan x 2, Top - 120mm Fan x 2, 140mm Fan x 2, Rear - 120mm Fan x 1 (included) "
Would you just swap out the included ones, and add one to the top?

Associate
You may be best off waiting and reviewing the fans when you've got it, imo as long as it's quiet enough for your liking and not too hot then you're all good.

Fans can quickly become expensive.

Back
Top Bottom