New Ryzen Build - Tower Only

Associate
Hi,

i am looking at building a new PC for gaming, not a hardcore gamer or anything, just want to play relatively new games at decent FPS. im looking at around the £1000 mark but i am flexible on that though.

i have been looking at the ryzen 3700 and 3700X processors, but i dont realy know if the X is a worthwhile upgrade or if the money would be better spent on a different part of the PC. Other than that, i got a bit lost in the amount of options available.

I already have a masterkeys combo and Hannspree HG244PJB, so i am just looking at the tower itself.

Any help/advice would be greatly apreciated.

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
thanks for the quick response!
had a bit of an oversight, i will be looking at using this PC on WiFi to begin with at least, would it be worthwhile going for a motherboard with built in WiFi or buying a card?

Associate
OP
Thanks again, after looking and seeing that the motherboard you suggested was out of stock and struggling to find many other micro-ATX boards (and letting the RGB tempt me), i ended up with a basket like this:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,091.12 (includes shipping: £13.20)

just wanted to check that i hadnt made any glaring mistakes on the motherboard.

Man of Honour
The b450 mortar max is in stock at ocuk
The b450 carbon is a great board...but you'll need to do a bios update before you can use ryzen 3000 series cpu.
If you feel comfortable doing that, then get it. Well recommended board :)

I specifically didn't spec that board because not all will want to do a bios flash off the bat...

Man of Honour
Seems like its doable, and i am tempted to give it a go.
Would you say the board is worth the extra cost/hassle compared to the B450 mortar max?
Once you add the cost of a good pcie wireless-ac card (£30-35) it basically is the cost of the b450 carbon AC.
With the added bonus of more features on the carbon AC.
So yes, get the carbon AC if you feel comfortable doing a bios upgrade

Associate
Don't go past a 3600. It's such a great chip that you will sell it and replace it next year or the year after and come out ahead.

It is this decades Q6600, which will make sense to some.

Back
Top Bottom