** NEW SEXY MONITORS FROM AOC!! **

Associate
Hi all,

I am chasing for confirmation of the freesync range as we speak and will get back to you asap, all I got today was it will do 144Hz in freesync, so I got half an answer as my PM contact was out. :(
2nd half to follow! :)

Oh and ooo, silver bezels :) yes they are very nice! you could go for a more expensive black box however the choice is yours! and I am sure those black boxes are also very nice too (some competition love there!)

Associate
I'm not sure to be honest. I'll consider it, but it depends what else is available to review and how much demand there is for a review of it. There isn't much demand at the moment if I'm honest. Futhermore, the price is not substantially lower and availability is not as widespread as the BenQ. It also lacks the same robust stand and some of the BenQ's features such as USB 3.0, proximity sensor and OSD remote. I also expect it to suffer exactly the same issues that some BL3200PT and Samsung S32D850T users report, as they are panel-specific and it uses exactly the same panel.

In that case, you must! after all, these people deserve to know if there are any issues with ours

Associate
Hi all,

I am chasing for confirmation of the freesync range as we speak and will get back to you asap, all I got today was it will do 144Hz in freesync, so I got half an answer as my PM contact was out. :(
2nd half to follow! :)

Oh and ooo, silver bezels :) yes they are very nice! you could go for a more expensive black box however the choice is yours! and I am sure those black boxes are also very nice too (some competition love there!)

Any news yet on the FreeSync range on the G2460PF yet AOC UK? ;)

Associate
In that case, you must! after all, these people deserve to know if there are any issues with ours

+1:D
I'm going to buy one soon, just need to decide BenQ or this new AOC.
I will wall mount it so no need for BenQ controller etc.
I'm really thinking AOC is the choice - I know that it would be same panel, but would like to see if there is any issues.

Just to know for future - if I buy one with banding issues - is it easy to send it back and get replacement from AOC? I've heard about excellent customers support from AOC, so wanted to know. Cause I'll keep sending them back til I get a good one:D

Associate
Any news yet on the FreeSync range on the G2460PF yet AOC UK? ;)

Ok, so I have just had a reply from our PM....drum roll!

According to the R&D guys in our headquarters,the G2460PF support a 30Hz-160Hz range when FreeSync is in use ;)

Although the panel is capped to 144Hz, if you are willing to overclock it (and void the warranty), FreeSync would still hold up to 160Hz.

So, please hear it here 1st...do not overclock...I know you will, I mean won't ;)

Associate
Ok, so I have just had a reply from our PM....drum roll!

According to the R&D guys in our headquarters,the G2460PF support a 30Hz-160Hz range when FreeSync is in use ;)

Although the panel is capped to 144Hz, if you are willing to overclock it (and void the warranty), FreeSync would still hold up to 160Hz.

So, please hear it here 1st...do not overclock...I know you will, I mean won't ;)

That is AWESOME news - thank you so much for confirming!!!

I guess it would have to be asked why does the Freesync range extend to 160hz when the panel is 144hz but I'm not complaining!

For me, the other great nugget of information here is that the minimum operation range is 30hz; that's significant as most freesync monitors I've seen are 35 or 40hz minimum.

I for one definitely wouldn't game at anything <30fps (actually I get annoyed playing < 100fps but that's just me! :p)

Thanks again - greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom