New shed

Associate
I just bought one in fact from my local garden centre, 12x8, made by Regency Garden Buildings. It was expensive, however the one I went in at the show area was extremely solid.

Soldato
Dunster House seem to have gone the same way, wouldn't recommend them either. Sent out half the kit wrong in a "custom build" and not being reasonable in rectifying the situation.

Associate
In the market for a shed as well. Ordered from Tiger 2 weeks ago for a punt and never got contacted about delivery. chased it up this week and they are estimating 9th September for my delivery. I'm not even having them assemble it, just deliver. Safe to say i'm going for a full refund but a lot of other manufacturers seem to be struggling with stock!

Soldato
I bought from Tiger last summer, just a 7x5 shiplap pent shed. Had no problems, delivered on time (around a 4-5 week wait IIRC) and was happy with the quality: It was pretty cheap at £300, but better quality than what I'd seen at my local garden centre for a higher price.

Looks like they're struggling lately though. Covid related issues it would seem.

Soldato
If you're on any of your local Facebook groups try asking on there, you're bound to get recommendations for local tradesmen who can make one to order.

Soldato
OP
Not currently able to go have a look in any garden centres, looked at a couple last year and the prices were very expensive.

Think I remember seeing Tiger mentioned on here before but if the reviews now aren't good then better stay clear.

Soldato
We bought an 8x12ft BillyOh shed from Garden Buildings Direct and it's taken a lot of work and modification to get it to a reasonable state. The tongue and groove panels that form the structure were obviously put together with very wet wood, which then dried out leaving gaps all over the place.

Now it's up, it's okay, but I'd gladly pay a bit more next time I buy a shed to not have all the issues.

Associate
Don't cheap out, make sure you pay for quality, around 12 years ago, we bought a large 12 x 8 shed, with floating base, apart from having to re-felt the roof and keep up the protection, its still going strong, we have bought sheds afterwards, when companies tried to cut costs and they only last a few years, Can't remember where we bought it from now, but just make sure you buy quality, or even custom build one yourself, I made a large motorbike shed for my brother with 4x2s and tounge and groove, and I expect it to last a very long time!

Back
Top Bottom