New sofa

Soldato
I've been looking for a sofa for ages, I ended up getting one from Darlings of Chelsea (ex-display Darwin Grand).
Worth every penny.

Soldato
If you're quick I believe DFS might still have their sale on ;)

We got our last one from SCS and then when we went to a local independent for a new mattress (only one in the area that did Hypnos) saw so many better sofas in there that we were disappointed with SCS offerings.

How are you going to pay for it as if you have to take the 0% credit offerings then maybe the big name companies are where you will need to go?

Soldato
We got one over the easter weekend from furniture villiage (well its ordered.... delivery time is 10-12 weeks).

It is pocket sprung as well and this makes a huge difference. it will replace our lazyboy which i have to say i was very disappointed with and would not recommend.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
My current is from DFS, just make sure you get the foam cushion add ons and not the standard fibre and they will last ages. My mum also has a DFS with Foam cushions and it looks almost like new even 12 odd years later.

We both have variations on this - https://www.dfs.co.uk/zana/aaz13asms
That's beautiful... that's just what I want I'm outside SCS I will definitely go their next(DFS) did you have to wait long from ordering it and getting it delivered

Soldato
That's beautiful... that's just what I want I'm outside SCS I will definitely go their next(DFS) did you have to wait long from ordering it and getting it delivered
I think it was about 7 weeks. Just make sure you don't do what I do and order the 3 seater after measuring the doorframe and confirming the large 2 seater would fit through. Was a lot of fun when it was delivered and it wouldn't fit in the door and couldn't be angled because of the nature of the hallway. I ended up having to get it redelivered after I had cut out 3 cm of door frame lol

Associate
OP
I think it was about 7 weeks. Just make sure you don't do what I do and order the 3 seater after measuring the doorframe and confirming the large 2 seater would fit through. Was a lot of fun when it was delivered and it wouldn't fit in the door and couldn't be angled because of the nature of the hallway. I ended up having to get it redelivered after I had cut out 3 cm of door frame lol
o my god sorry to hear that .. anyway I have ordered the 2 seater large with the foam cushions and the same color as yours or the one in the link that you sent me! .. so will it fit through a standard front door and standard interior door?? I did ask the salesman and he said it would

Associate
o my god sorry to hear that .. anyway I have ordered the 2 seater large with the foam cushions and the same color as yours or the one in the link that you sent me! .. so will it fit through a standard front door and standard interior door?? I did ask the salesman and he said it would

I'm not sure there is a thing called a standard sized door....

There should be but my experience they tend to be all different sizes.

Think new builds have minimum size they have to adhere to as the regs force them to be wheel chair friendly.

You'll need to measure the width of your door frame and the height of the sofa.

Associate
OP
I'm not sure there is a thing called a standard sized door....

There should be but my experience they tend to be all different sizes.

Think new builds have minimum size they have to adhere to as the regs force them to be wheel chair friendly.

You'll need to measure the width of your door frame and the height of the sofa.
I'm getting worried now it might not fit I will measure them and then ring DFS with the measurements thank you very much for the information it is much appreciated

Associate
So I know they get a lot of hate, but I sat on LOADS across plenty of brands (inc swanky Loaf and all that), ended up getting a DFS FCUK Zinc recently and am pretty impressed. It's one of their most popular models so seems even more annoying, but can see why - nice design & comfy.

Soldato
The 2 seater large is under 2m which was how tall my door frame inner was, but the 3 seater was 202cm, and as i couldn't lean it in anyway to make the "height" lower that was why I had an issue. There were no issues with getting it in the front door as it could be angled to make it lower and if the door had been high enough it would have gone in from width without issue as its basically an L shape.

Not my hallway, but same principle as this - https://www.reddit.com/r/DesignMyRo..._narrow_empty_hallway_help_how_do_i_decorate/ - door to the right would be my lounge and so as you can see no room to tilt the sofa enough to make it lower, that much space just makes it higher with the minimal tilt you can do.

Associate
My current is from DFS, just make sure you get the foam cushion add ons and not the standard fibre and they will last ages. My mum also has a DFS with Foam cushions and it looks almost like new even 12 odd years later.

We both have variations on this - https://www.dfs.co.uk/zana/aaz13asms
This is great advice, we did not get the foam for our dining room and they are basically destroyed.

In laws said just get someone to fabricate new insides, looked at the cost, not far off what we paid for the sofa. Will likely just buy your link when that room is redecorated!

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Another DFS customer here, we got decent sofa on 0% credit, could have bought it outright but if it's no interest why not build credit rating.
We have cats and young kids so buying anything expensive just doesn't make sense.

Soldato
I bought my sofa from Furniture Village about 8 years ago and it's been amazing. It's huge. Big enough for two people to sleep on. The seat cushions could definitely do with being replaced and the sofa has faded in the sun, but other than that it's still solid and super comfortable. Was expensive, but worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom