New Soundcard w/Optical in

Associate
Can I have some recommendations on a suitable PC Soundcard that will enable my PC speakers to output sound from my xbox 360.

Im after utilising the optical out from the 360 so that I can have audio from itunes and/or the 360 whilst playing games.

My monitor is the 2007wfp hence the reason my 360 is is hooked to the PC.

At the moment all I've done is used an RCA to mini-jack converter (as supplied with Official x360 VGA cable), and plugged the speaker jack and 360 into a splitter - this is then plugged into the mini jack on the soundcard.....not great as you can see!!

Associate
Hi gjc, i have the exact same setup as you at the moment. I also tried looking into a soundcard with optical IN, i found the majority of them are heavily priced and/or require a breakout box for standard soundcards (which also works out quite expensive).

In the end gave up and am sticking to this setup, may upgrade my soundcard to one of the x-fi series to improve sound quality as im currently using onboard sound.

Associate
Depending on how much you've already spent on your PC speakers it would probably be the best solution to buy a surround sound amplifier that both your PC and 360 can plug into. Either your typical home theatre system or perhaps one of the Logitech or Creative sets will have optical in.

Back
Top Bottom