New Star Wars Rey Skywalker movies

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Just read Kathleen Kennedy is allegedly bringing back Rey Palatine erm Skywalker back for another movie taking place after Rise of Skywalker. She determine to make more movies despite the failures. Thought she was leaving Lucas film?

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
KK won’t be happy until SW is utterly destroyed in the eyes of the original fans.

Another outing of the Instant Jedi Mary Sue played by an actress that make Keanu Reeves look like Sir Lawrence Olivier at the height of his acting powers should do it.

Its bewildering Disney is willing to invest more time and money when the franchise is still reeling from the last batch of "new" movies. I dont mind Daisy Ridley herself but its the writing, the direction and lore behind the last movies that i have problem with. The ideas are crude, clumsy and unoriginal. It has totally disregards the rules set from its predecessors and just makes up its own comically bad ideas and plot lines. Lets kill the OG and then make things up as we go along and while we are at it, sprinkle some politically and socially charged topics that have no place in these types of movies imo. Cant we leave real life stuff like that at the door and just enjoy SW??

Oh no we buggered up with Snoke so lets bring back the Emperor with no explanation or reason. They dont have a clue!! Bombs dropping down in space :cry::cry: to a fleet of Star Destroyers just somehow constructed itself and burst out of the ground with planet killing capabilities is just laughable. What was the point of the Death star or the Planet killer base (lol another clumsy original idea/name) its just awful. What the point of the first movie - SW Episode 4 attack run on the death star when all they needed to do was to fly a ship at light speed and obliterate their target ignoring deflector shields and all. Dont get me start with Leia as well with her powers just horrendously bad. Its a complete travesty how bad the SW franchise has performed under her management.

It has further cemented KK's career of riding the coat tails of other more talented Directors/Writers/Producers like Spielberg and Lucas. You couldnt find a more inept person off the street that would probably have better go than she has.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
@dannyjo22 Exactly that's why both Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau have stayed well away from the sequels timeline and salvaged what they could with Mando etc. As far they are concerned they don't exist. That's how bad they are but can't openly criticise KK. The sooner she out of the picture literally the better.

Not sure how accurate it is but allegedly she got her mitts onto book of Boba Fett and changed Grogu journey cause KK wanted the focus to stay on him because he was so popular..Grogu was meant to go with Luke and become a Jedi. Things could still got hat way I guess.

Look at.this interview she bloody clueless and so disingenuous. Notice the use of we rather I haven't really anything to do with it cause I am such a failure. In reality I reckon she forcing Filoni to "fix" their complete **** up and don't care how you do it.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I'm open to it tbh. It's an opportunity to "fix" a few things.

I was at the celebration event today. Really enjoyable. Saw a few stars including Filoni and Favreau.

KK had a few boos when she came out ;-p

Really lol? Would have paid to see that!!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Honestly, I thought it was the worst of the lot, and that takes some doing. But each to their own of course :)

For me I was hugely disappointed because it was so disjointed and simply because it is meant to be SW.

If it was a stand alone non SW movie I guess it's passable but imo it didn't fit at all. Some of the scenes was shot well but overall it waa a mess. Chaotic, illogical and full of missed opportunities.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
They better pray the force is with them. Cause they are going to need it :D

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I am just surprised KK has been allowed to double down and continue with these really bad performing movies. It would need a miracle to "fix" any of them. they completely cashed out on the OG and ruined the Skywalker timeline imo. She still doing the same mistakes and doesnt realise, for TFA, TLJ and ROTS the draw isnt Rey, its Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. Now they are all gone you what do you have left?

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Looks like they are going to get the Ms Marvel Director - Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is a Canadian journalist, filmmaker and activist known for her work in films that highlight the inequality for women.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Tbh I enjoyed Ms Marvel. It was definitely not made for the crowd on this forum though.
I agree but is she going to revive SW and fix past problems. With that resume its very doubtful.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
She's a double academy award winner. Given 1 of 9 (current) projects. I doubt the revival of SW hangs on one movie alone. You could argue with success of Andor and Mandalorian and the turnout I saw yesterday (1 of 4 days) - star wars doesn't need any reviving. It's doing very well atm.

So you think the whole Rey saga is doing well and doesn't need fixing?? SW the franchise maybe with the TV series but if they are making more movies to expand the future for the sequels, then they need a miracle tbh.

Also her academy awards is for short documentaries rather than big movies.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Rey Saga is past. No one is doubting it didn't do as well as the other trilogies. But you're talking like it's current.

"Current" timelines Aka - bad batch/ andor / mando are doing very well. If you're asking me is star wars "currently" doing well. Yes it is.

But I wasn't you did?. We are specifically talking about the main Rey Skywalker arc?? You keep bringing up other shows when they are set in a different timeline.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I will probably never watch the sequel trilogy again it was that bad. I saw all those movies at the cinema and was one of the many millions who made those films such a financial success but they poisoned the well of Star Wars. I watch some of the TV shows but I'm being more selective going forward. I'll wait to hear something is decent before giving my time over and I'll need to hear any future film is good before I waste another pound in the cinema.

Rey was an awful character in awful films and it would take flipping genius to undo the mess they made.

I did recently just in case my bias isn't over riding my honest opinion and I am sorry to say the whole thing was more a comedy sketch than anything decent. I found I didnt really care or feel any investment in the new characters or what they did. I am still speechless how they sold out the OG so cheaply than make anything substantial from them. It is almost like the writers/directors/producers have never watched, seen or read SW material. They thought they could produce any old thing and slap the SW label on it and it would be universally accepted.

It's not like there is 100s of books and games they could have gotten ideas, stories or inspiration from. They cant get away from being compared to previous movies and they were far from perfect.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
This could easily be a huge flop. Mary Sue with no character growth and no flaws is just boring to watch. The audience they’re targeting with her is minuscule. The sooner Kennedy gets the boot the better for the franchise.

That's a good point you just reminded me. Rey was just suddenly full power with the force no effort, hardship, sacrifice or growth. As you touched on, same issues with superman when there is no cost or flaws it's bland.

KK can not go soon enough. Feel she is the one holding back SW imo. There is a tonne of material they can choose from and best they could come up with was that mess?? Could 7 & 8 be anymore disjointed.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Will they have Rey drinking milk from the teet of a space cow I wonder? Maybe a scene of delicately prepared bantha testicle for extra insult. They HAVE to manufacture some flaw in her character to make it slightly interesting.

Should have been her that died and Kylo Ren that carried on.

Do you think that's the reason why they made Luke behave the way he did? Just a mockery of himself. He was so out of character he may as well be someone entirely different. He never gave up on Anakin (the 2nd most evil being in the galaxy) and was willing to sacrifice himself. Yet Luke decided to give up on the Jedi and just murder his Nephew?? We waited 34 years for that? Its so absurd its comical and ridiculous even for SW.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
i reckon they are going to make Rey do all the things Luke would have done when he returned. They may even be working off a script intended for Luke and will just replace Luke with Rey. This whole Force is female nonsense is really getting annoying. I didnt mind it that much before but if they double down and force this down into fan's throat, it will only end in one way tbh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom