New Stone Roses track tonight....

Soldato
Totally dreadful. The lyrics are sooo bad and cringe. It sounds dated. It will probably be revered as a masterpiece akin to The Beatles in a few years. Hopefully not.

Soldato
I read that it's their first material since 10 story love song. Sadly I prefer 10 story by some margin. There are a lot of fine tracks on second coming, even if it doesn't hold together as an album.

Man of Honour
I know the reviews have been pretty cruel but I like it. Up beat summer anthem. Not going to change the world but it's had me singing along in the car.

Soldato
Not quite sure why the stone roses are regarded as such a legendary band?

They had one great album years ago, took an age to follow it up with a patchy hit and miss second album before disappearing until they needed cash.

I don't have high hopes for their new material.

Soldato
Not quite sure why the stone roses are regarded as such a legendary band?

They had one great album years ago, took an age to follow it up with a patchy hit and miss second album before disappearing until they needed cash.

I don't have high hopes for their new material.

But what an album.

Soldato
They had one great album years ago

You're right, one GREAT album, 99.9% of bands never achieve that. Their career was derailed by legal issues and mismanagement, when they got back 5-6 years later, their time had come and gone. If the debut album hadn't been an instant classic they would have been a musical footnote like thousands of other bands that appeared and disappeared in the blink of an eye.

They're a great band because at their very best, they're up there with the very best.

Soldato
Iconic is a word bandied around too often but I think it applies to the Stone Roses and their debut album, I agree with Skidder it was a defining album of a musical movement. The reaction to their reformation supports the assertion because so many other bands who had their moment go unnoticed from our thoughts where the Stones Roses capture it at the mere mention of their name.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
This is Unreal I just hope so badly it don't sux the big one.

Also heard earlier they are bringing out a Trainspotting 2 soon. Nowt to do with the Roses I know but it's in the same ball park for me.

Soldato
This is Unreal I just hope so badly it don't sux the big one.

Also heard earlier they are bringing out a Trainspotting 2 soon. Nowt to do with the Roses I know but it's in the same ball park for me.

Another 90s icon.

God only knows what this decade will be remembered for in terms of music and cinema.

As for the Roses new stuff, meh...I don't care really. Some things are best left where they were, perfect in it's own time.

Back
Top Bottom