New Thread Had tooo... Shall I take My macbook back and get a Macbook Pro

Soldato
MagSafe said:
Same :p, i'm going to get one in a few months when Leopard finally makes an appearance so any pic's would be great :p

Same. :o

'Cept I'll prolly get a Black MB instead of a MBP, unless someone convinces me a MBP is worth the extra weight of the extra size, and the extra money. ;)

Associate
WotDa said:
Same. :o

'Cept I'll prolly get a Black MB instead of a MBP, unless someone convinces me a MBP is worth the extra weight of the extra size, and the extra money. ;)

I was actually thinking of doing the same to be honest, but i think using a 13.3" screen as my main computer would just be a little too small, a 15.4" would do just fine :)

Soldato
OP
MagSafe said:
I was actually thinking of doing the same to be honest, but i think using a 13.3" screen as my main computer would just be a little too small, a 15.4" would do just fine :)

I try and get some pictures soon for you :D I have never put pictures on here before and need to find out how to do it and some Free space to host the pictures.

Ok guys. I have had the white macbook. Dont get me wrong it a nice little laptop and it was pretty good. But this 15" MBP Kick ass it a lot better honestly i really though i wont see much different but I love it. Screen much better. colour much better. keyboard is hell a lot easier to type on. It much better all round and am well please with it. NOW I am loving the Mac :D

Soldato
OP
Also to add to the above not too sure if i am 100% correct but someone will correct me if wrong.

I know for the fact on the macbook if i wanted to updrade the memory i would have to replace both memory in there to get 2gb so this is wasting 1gb of memory. Unless bough with 2gb in already.

with Macbook Pro. It got 1 1gb stick so that not going to waste i can just go and buy another 1gb stick to upgrade it.

Soldato
The MacBook does indeed have 2x 512mb sticks in, buy 2gb from Apple, its £120, buy 2gb from Crucial, its £121 + delivery.

So, if you were to upgrade the ram in a MacBook, do it before you buy it. :)

Associate
WotDa said:
The MacBook does indeed have 2x 512mb sticks in, buy 2gb from Apple, its £120, buy 2gb from Crucial, its £121 + delivery.

So, if you were to upgrade the ram in a MacBook, do it before you buy it. :)

But if you buy from Crucial afterwards, you can still sell the 1GB of original RAM, hence cheaper overall

Soldato
AdWright said:
But if you buy from Crucial afterwards, you can still sell the 1GB of original RAM, hence cheaper overall

MacBook has 2 Ram slots? no? 2x512 = 1GB = no slots free? :confused:

Meaning, to get 2GB, you need 2x1GB sticks...

Edit: You said sell :o I need to read twice before posting.. :p

Soldato
OP
WotDa said:
MacBook has 2 Ram slots? no? 2x512 = 1GB = no slots free? :confused:

Meaning, to get 2GB, you need 2x1GB sticks...

Edit: You said sell :o I need to read twice before posting.. :p

Yeah always an option to have a macbook already upgraded to 2gb. Or like above get it with 1gb sell them and purchase 2gb seperate.

MBP can have 3gb memory so are there 1.5gb stick then or is there 3 slots in mbp?

Soldato
Rookies said:
Yeah always an option to have a macbook already upgraded to 2gb. Or like above get it with 1gb sell them and purchase 2gb seperate.

MBP can have 3gb memory so are there 1.5gb stick then or is there 3 slots in mbp?

I think it's 2x2gig sticks, making it 4 gig but only 3 gig is actually accessible. Same with the iMac afaik.

Soldato
Beepcake said:
I think it's 2x2gig sticks, making it 4 gig but only 3 gig is actually accessible. Same with the iMac afaik.

I heard that too, I also heard it would be 4gig, but the motherboard is only 32-bit, so it can only support 3. Not sure how true that all is though. :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks... I aint sure either but i been told this MBP is 64bit ready so I dont know how true that is..

I dont plan to upgrade my OS x i dont think as i dont see much different between the 2. But hey who knows may do never know ha ha

Soldato
OP
Would

1gb and 2gb stick work well? Or has it got to be a pair? As I am sure at the moment I have only got 1 1gb in my MBP how do i find this out :confused:

Associate
Beepcake said:

It's not, it's a 1GB stick and a 2GB stick ;)

Rookies said:
Cheers just 1 bank in use

Now I need to know if it works if i just stick a 2gb in bank 2

That would work perfectly :)

Soldato
MikeHowett said:
It's not, it's a 1GB stick and a 2GB stick ;)

That would work perfectly :)

You can do 2+1, but it's recommended you do 2+2 (with only 3 addressable) so you can take advantage of the dual channel memory. Dual channel is nowhere near as important as it is on the shared graphics memory machines (MacBook, base iMac and Mac Mini), but you'll still take a performance hit if you don't match your sticks.

Back
Top Bottom