New Thread Had tooo... Shall I take My macbook back and get a Macbook Pro

Soldato
OP
Beepcake said:
You can do 2+1, but it's recommended you do 2+2 (with only 3 addressable) so you can take advantage of the dual channel memory. Dual channel is nowhere near as important as it is on the shared graphics memory machines (MacBook, base iMac and Mac Mini), but you'll still take a performance hit if you don't match your sticks.

How much different will i see if i went 2 + 2 as it would be cheaper going 1 + 2 but i want to know if i would miss much... and if it worth wasting that extra for a extra gig that not being used

Associate
Rookies said:
How much different will i see if i went 2 + 2 as it would be cheaper going 1 + 2 but i want to know if i would miss much... and if it worth wasting that extra for a extra gig that not being used

http://www.barefeats.com/quick.html

Bare Feats said:
Of more concern to "speed freaks" is the potential loss of interleaving when you install unmatched pairs (as in the Apple factory's 1GB + 2GB config). Based on our testing, the MacBook Pro goes just as fast with unmatched memory as it does with matched. And apps like Aperture and Photoshop can certainly use the extra memory afforded by the 3GB config.

Soldato
Rookies said:

I very much doubt it would make a massive difference, 3 gig will fly either way, but if you are doing something particularly heavy on RAM it might knock a bit off benchmarks and the like. Unless you are hammering the RAM usage though, you are unlikely to see a massive gain from going from 2gig to 3gig anyway.

Associate
Rookies said:
:) Making it more easier for me to decide now... Just though the own GFX card would make it better for me than having Share GFX card.

Also not too sure if am right can the Pro have larger Memory than Macbook when fully upgraded

theres no point in spending money on the laptop for the sake of the grapics card, as the screen on the macbook is pap and if your really looking to do photo editing, you need to look at a seperate monitor such as a lacie or eizo

Soldato
jimblowscash said:
theres no point in spending money on the laptop for the sake of the grapics card, as the screen on the macbook is pap and if your really looking to do photo editing, you need to look at a seperate monitor such as a lacie or eizo

it's too late the deed has already been done :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Will_3rd said:
it's too late the deed has already been done :rolleyes:

:D ha ha it sure has. I got the MBP now mate it much better honestly i love it a lot more better than the MB. too many reason to list to be honest. But here a few. The screen is much better the colour is a lot better too. The trackpad respond better and the keyboard too.

I dont know if the MB i had was fualty or jut that the Pro is better. But I am well please and it stays as it is :D

Back
Top Bottom