• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New to the forums and needing help.. good start

Associate
Hi guys, sorry that my 1st post is asking for help.

I've recently built my new system, all lovely spec'd, i wont bore you with the complete list of parts unless you want me to. To cut the story short, i made a booboo, decided on the gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 and a 7900. 1 week later the prices on the cards drop so ordered a 2nd, thinking to myself "ooh sli link, sweets". Ha ha on me...

So the next step is flashing the bios on my mobo to enable the x-fire, easily done and working. Followed by getting the sli drivers, also easily done.

Now for the bit i need help with... Where do i get an sli cable from to direct link the cards. It needs to be about 6cm's long. I've managed to find a few, but only from our cousins accross the sea (U.S.).

please please help me out ^^

Soldato
I'm pretty sure you'll experience hindered performance. AfaIk if you run two cards through that motherboard you get one card at 16x and one at 4x. Not 100% sure though.

Soldato
naffa said:
I'm pretty sure you'll experience hindered performance. AfaIk if you run two cards through that motherboard you get one card at 16x and one at 4x. Not 100% sure though.

Yup, thats correct. Not sure on the performance loss though.

Associate
OP
thanks for the quick responses. One of my friends found one for me.. cost about 20quid, but it'll stop me wondering what i'm missing out on.. even if i dont need it XD

Associate
7900 what? gs gt gto gtx? the gtx (and gto same card) need an sli connector but I belive the others do not, or is it something to do with hacked drivers or the fact the mobo is not made for sli?

Associate
OP
curse nvidia -.-

ok, everything was working fine till i installed the bridge... didnt see any performance increase. so thought i must have installed it wrong, turned off the system, re-installed it, turned the system back on, msg pops up saying "your system isnt correctly configured to use sli, and this feature is being disabled".
so.. i removed the bridge and sli doesnt come back on like it was before. removed the drivers, re-installed the drivers, i can enable sli, but once the system restarts the msg comes back up again and disables sli. any idea how i can get rid of this problem?

Back
Top Bottom