New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

Suprise suprise, the weekly bitch cry and moan about Top Gear session.

You KNOW what TG is like. It has been like it for YEARS. This weeks episode was absolutely fine - a segment on a performance car and its rival. A vaguely interesting and smoking hot guest, and some fun comedy style endavouer. Thats TG. Thats what it is about.

EVERY SINGLE WEEK the same people cry and moan about how terrible it is. Seriously, dont watch it. Do something better with your life than spending every Sunday watching a TV show you do not like.

I do not like Eastenders. I cannot stand it. Infact, I find it insulting crap. So what do I do? I don't watch it. I don't sit down and watch EVERY episode only to then find an Eastenders thread and cry in it about how terrible it is.

Some of you guys are unpleasable - there is NOTHING TG could do to please you.

Ive noticed the term "tank slapper" being used in top gear quite a bit lately.

I was always under the impression it was a Biking term for when the front wheel turns left and right rapidly until the handle bars are "slapping" the tank and you either fall off, or fix the issue.

how the hell is a combine harvester losing control a tank slapper?

Ive noticed the term "tank slapper" being used in top gear quite a bit lately.

I was always under the impression it was a Biking term for when the front wheel turns left and right rapidly until the handle bars are "slapping" the tank and you either fall off, or fix the issue.

how the hell is a combine harvester losing control a tank slapper?

The sound you get in a FWD car when you wheelspin...sounds like slapping the dash about?

[TW]Fox;18512814 said:

You KNOW what TG is like. It has been like it for YEARS. This weeks episode was absolutely fine - a segment on a performance car and its rival. A vaguely interesting and smoking hot guest, and some fun comedy style endavouer. Thats TG. Thats what it is about.

EVERY SINGLE WEEK the same people cry and moan about how terrible it is. Seriously, dont watch it. Do something better with your life than spending every Sunday watching a TV show you do not like.

I do not like Eastenders. I cannot stand it. Infact, I find it insulting crap. So what do I do? I don't watch it. I don't sit down and watch EVERY episode only to then find an Eastenders thread and cry in it about how terrible it is.

EVERY SINGLE WEEK someone points this out too.

Watched up to celebrity bit and skipped, couldn't be bothered with more combine harvester so left it at that. So only 2 segments really, they could do with putting more actual car reviews in.

[TW]Fox;18512814 said:

And Surprise Surprise, the weekly bitch, cry and moan about the fact some the few brave souls that actually DARE to pipe up with an opinion :rolleyes:.

The main issue with top gear is that it either has the capacity to be incredibility good, pretty good whilst retaining the silly slap stick humour (Last week's episode with the E30s was a good example) or a complete and utter dog turd complete with middle aged men setting things on fire and falling over in ways so blatant it'd make Charlie Chaplin blush with embarrassment. Unfortunately many of us lack the ability to read minds or see into the future, so we have no other opinion to WATCH the episode to know what we are getting. Then you've got the issue that you've got to invest a good 40 or so minutes of play time before you can determine if they are actually going to anything vaguely interesting with cars. This means that you've effectively had 40 minutes worth of what you consider to be mind bleach poured into your eyes whilst you're sat there the entire time thinking (and hoping in your heart of hearts) that it'll actually get good. That is more than enough ground to let somebody have a bit of a moan if they want to.

Can you not use this 'Don't watch it' reasoning the next time you are about to tear into someone here? After all, if you find what somebody is saying offensive, annoying or wrong you could just not reply, right? Ignore it. 'Don't watch it'. Right?

Oh, and is this all coming from the same man who claimed a few days ago that spending a few minutes banging out a Thread/Post on this forum wasn't really a big deal? Now he is happy to have a bit of a pop at those who spent a couple of minutes posting about Top Gear? :confused: .

Practice what you preach, brother ;).

[TW]Fox;18512814 said:

I like top gear but im just not feeling it this season, oh and fox people are allowed their opinions, TG is starting to get a little bit worn, for me anyway

I watch Top Gear every season. Sometimes it's good, other times it's a bit bland. However with that said, It's still a lot better then what else is on TV on a Sunday night.

Probably one of my first dislikes for this episode of Top Gear. I am surprised that there was literally 3 features, snow plough, M3 vs RS5, SRPC, and back to snow plough. Maybe this has been the case before, but I have never noticed. Enjoyable and funny episode for me, but just wish they would maybe fit more content in?

I love Top Gear, but last night's episode wasn't the best. The car review segment was good, but the snow plough bit was a bit.. Meh. Still enjoyed it for the most part though.

Back
Top Bottom