New top range lappy

Associate
A friend of mine wants a new laptop, he has no budget at all so 3K plus isn't a problem. What would you guys reccomend? He also asked when 9800M in SLI is going to be introduced?
Thanks for any help
Kane

Associate
Well 3K can get you one hell of a laptop.. does he want a laptop that he can take with him all the time or a desktop replacement? Cos I know you can get DTR's with Q9450's or Q9550's in them with SLI.. I saw one when I flicked through the latest issue of What Laptop mag this morning (wish I took it to work!).

I read on another forum that 9800M GTX's are a couple of months off, don't know how accurate that is. I think they're being announced on July 14th though.

Associate
OP
Well 3K can get you one hell of a laptop.. does he want a laptop that he can take with him all the time or a desktop replacement? Cos I know you can get DTR's with Q9450's or Q9550's in them with SLI.. I saw one when I flicked through the latest issue of What Laptop mag this morning (wish I took it to work!).

I read on another forum that 9800M GTX's are a couple of months off, don't know how accurate that is. I think they're being announced on July 14th though.

Thanks for the info :) He obviously wants it to be portable but it is a desktop replacement yes, i'll tell him to buy the magazine and have a look, the only additional information he said was that he wanted it to have a built in tv tuner or supported one and a 2-3 year warranty as it is to last him through his Uni course
Kane

Associate
i got myself a dell m1730 and im pretty pleased with it, it runs everything i throw at it on high settings......not a bad laptop

Associate
Alienware ones aren't that good compared to others

Yeah. Many people like the flashy look, so I threw them in there. AW are slowly catching up due to the Dell takeover.

Rock are quite pricey. You can get similar spec machines for a lot cheaper. However, you do get a 3yr warranty as standard with rock. Plus, all their machines are built to order, unlike the larger companies who just pull the box from the warehouse.

******** are a good place to look. They offer the same notebooks as rock, but they can be up to 1k cheaper on the high end models.

http://www.********.co.uk/********/ranges.html?t=nb&c=gaming

Back
Top Bottom