New TUF-X570 random hard freezing

Associate
Hi All,

Thinking I might have a duff motherboard, but thought I'd post here before starting an RMA.

So, I am getting random hard freezes when doing light work (browsing, excel, email etc). System just hangs with the screen static. Mouse just stops, doesn't reset, just sits there. Happening once or twice a day, have to power off/on to recover.

Also, the 3rd memory slot (DIMM_A1) isnt detected by Aura Sync, the other 3 can be controlled fine (swapped modules around and the issue remains just in that slot). All modules light up on initial boot but this one appears out of time with the rest. If I use Aura to turn off the modules, 3 go out apart from this one.

Temps are fine, 30c idle 40-50c in normal use, 60c gaming.

RAM and GFX were taken out of my old x99 rig (1080ti / 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4-3600Crucial Ballistix RGB), and tried just 32gb on 2666 non-DOCP but no change. Everything on the BIOS is stock

Any ideas?

Man of Honour
How old is the PSU? Some older PSUs have issues with the CPU dropping to idle under light load. If that's the problem you should be able to fix it temporarily by switching Windows power plan to high performance or running a lightly threaded bench test while you work.

Associate
OP
Hi, PSU is a 3yr old EVGA Supernova 1600T2. Was running a 5960x off it up until last week and never had an issue. I'll keep the power plan on HP and see if it happens again and go from there. Realised I didnt mention CPU, 3900x installed

The DIMM_A1 slot issue still concerns me, crucial MOD detects the firmware versions on the other 3 slots, but for that one it reports all 0's (issue doesnt move when swapping sticks around)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Looks like a memory slot issue, BIOS reporting starting in safe mode if i use A1/B1 slots and turns off a couple of time prior. Everything is fine when using A2/B2 slots. Will go for RMA

Back
Top Bottom