New TV advice wanted: Blooming and Subtitles (Hisense 65 UXK U8K E7K Pro)

Associate
tl;dr No local dimming=no blooming? Do any current mini LED tvs handle subtitles well? Anyone seen a 65 UXK irl? Thanks

I want a new all rounder living room tv. Current TV is a 43" LG UH65 (possibly from 2016?) that is fine but the dirty screen effect is starting to become a lot more noticable, bad input lag for gaming and does struggle a bit on sunny days.

I've mainly been looking at 65" Hisense ones particularly E7K Pro, U8K or UXK. If anyone has any experience with them some info would be fantastic, particularly the UXK as there's very little info that I can find on that, and I have some queries about specific use cases that I can't quite glean from what I've so far watched/read.

Main concern is blooming as subtitles will be on more often than not. I would like an OLED but they are out because it will pretty regularly get left on by accident with static content "Are you still watching" etc. And I believe subtitles themselves up the burn in risk?

So from my tentative shortlist I think my trade-offs are:
E7K Pro: no local dimming but also no blooming? Whilst also being a bit dimmer and lower contrast than the other two but also a lot cheaper
U8K: Decent local Dimming but not enough in order to not have clouds and washout around subtitles? Looks quite bad in some reviews but the shots seem to always be at an angle.
UXK: ~40% more dimming zones than u8k at 65", better sound, brighter, higher contrast and an anti-glare screen but can't find any substantial information on it other than spec sheets. Not much more expensive than the U8K

I had originally settled on the e7k Pro (saw the 55 in shop thought it looked great but it's a VA panel and the 65 is an IPS which I've not seen irl but have preferred in monitors) but then stumbled upon the UXK which seems like a lot of TV for the money and I've started to hope it could be my unicorn if I could just find one irl or some reviews(iirc I only found one that didn't seem blatantly ai generated)

So I think I've reduced my options to: get the e7k pro and save some money for the spare room OLED fund or get a cheaper model, save more money and wait for mini/micro LED to mature a bit more or take a punt on the uxk and maybe get lucky on a very nice sweet spot for mixed usage or be stuck with a tv I don't really like for the most money I've ever spent on one...

If there's any other recommendations then anything around the 55-65" size, good handling of subtitles/blooming and decent gaming specs would be ideal although I would sooner but reluctantly sacrifice the gaming features for less blooming. Budget is malleable particularly in cases of very good value for money. It will be viewed from straight on and is in a room that can be quite bright during the day. Needs to be good for daytime streaming/tv but it would be nice to have a bit of sparkle for games, movies, HDR etc.

Any input or further complications would be greatly appreciated. :D

Back
Top Bottom