New tv for around £300.. far too many.. making my head hurt

Associate
Evening all
Been looking around for a new TV and realise I know nothing about them..there are just way too many!! My present tv is 10 years old!!
I mean do I get a 2023 model or go for a a 2022 which has come down in price ? Brand, screen type etc..
Ideally I would like
42" or bigger
Has Netflix, amazon prime, iplayer, free view, Disney, YouTube etc
I won't be playing any demanding games. Maybe eventually I will get a Nintendo switch or simular for the kids.
I have narrowed it down to 2 TV
Panasonic TX-43MX600B (2023) LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 43 inch with Freeview Play & Dolby Atmos, Black
And
LG UR78 43UR78006LK - 43'' Smart LED-LCD TV - 4K UHDTV.

Both are around £299.
Which would you suggest ?
Or feel free to point me to a better set.

Many thanks

Associate
OP
^ This.

If the old TV was something like an LG 47LM4600 (2013) then the screen width with the bezel is 42.9". That Pana MX600 but in 50" is just 44" wide. Much of the extra screen size is offset with the much thinner bezel. It's worth a look at the dimensions.

On a side not, personally I would avoid any of the cheaper 4K UHD LED TVs. They all suffer from limited brightness output, especially for HDR. That, combined with either poor blacks but good viewing angles of LG IPS panels, or better blacks but poor viewing angles of Panasonic VA panels makes OLED a seriously attractive option.
So what would you suggest? Both the screens are LED 4k tvs.
I found a Samsung but it is over £400

Samsung 43 Inch Q60C QLED 4K HDR Smart TV 2023​

Back
Top Bottom