New TV, have an idea but not sure

Associate
Hi Guys,
I have been looking at the sony 55HX823 and I can get it in my local sony centre for £1449 including 2 pairs of glasses and a free blu-ray. I currently have a 46" LCD that is 6 years old and has done me extremely well however it only has 1 HDMI port and has a maximum resolution of 1080i.

The 55HX823 is getting some great reviews and has loads of good features, however I am not sure about the price, there is loads of other great screens out there for a cheaper price. I am wondering if I should look around for something cheaper but still has everything I want.

At the start I wasn't to keen on the 3D but after trying it out on this tv in a few different shops it is pretty sharp.

Your advice and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

ace

Soldato
The 55HX823 was £1299 in JL and a few other retailers but they are OOS there now so £1449 does seem a bit steep.

What features are you looking for from the TV by the way?

Have you considered a plasma?

Associate
OP
Hi Nayan,
Looking for a large screen with amazing picture quality, I was looking for 3D before as I said but having seen it on the HX823 I wouldn't say no, however the active technology does seem tonnes better than the passive LG technology.

Also the online features of the sony look pretty good so these would be a good addition. Sound quality doesn't bother me as I have a good home cinema setup.

Back
Top Bottom