New tyres advice....

Associate
I'm about to change all my tyres....bit don't really know what make to go for.
Will need your help guys. Which one's best overall. All responses appreciated.
The size i'm going for is 195/65 R15 (V or ....).
Here's a LINKY
Cheers. :D

Associate
Depends on what you are after.

That size sounds like Golf size to me...

I had Continental Eco's on my Golf, in that size, and had no problems with them.
Lasted for 20k+ miles easily, and had a decent amount of grip. Nice and quiet as well.

Had Bridgestone ER30's on the Bora, but slightly larger, and found they were a bit lacking in grip. Replaced the fronts with Bridgestone S-02's and the difference in grip was noticeable, at the expense of a bit of extra road noise.

Man of Honour
If you think Eagle F1's might be overkill on, say, a 1.4 Golf or whatever, don't forget you can also get Goodyear Hydragrip - these also have excellent wet performance, but are more designed for normal cars with wear rates in mind. They are also cheaper.

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox said:
If you think Eagle F1's might be overkill on, say, a 1.4 Golf or whatever, don't forget you can also get Goodyear Hydragrip - these also have excellent wet performance, but are more designed for normal cars with wear rates in mind. They are also cheaper.
Yeah, I thought they might be an overkill. It's 1.6 though. Not that makes any difference. :D
I don't think I'll be able to fing F1's in 195/65 anyway. And about going 205/60.....mmmm don't know.

Soldato
Replaced the Michelin Pilot Primacys that came on my Fabia VRS with Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2 last month and I think my fuel efficiency has fallen approximately 10%, on runs I used to get 50mpg it's returning more like 45mpg now. However the grip is fantastic, especially impressive in the wet. Don't see nearly so much of the traction control light now.

Man of Honour
clv101 said:
Replaced the Michelin Pilot Primacys that came on my Fabia VRS with Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2 last month and I think my fuel efficiency has fallen approximately 10%, on runs I used to get 50mpg it's returning more like 45mpg now. However the grip is fantastic, especially impressive in the wet. Don't see nearly so much of the traction control light now.

I wonder if this has anything to do with you booting it around corners with the new confidence you have in the grip of your car :p

Soldato
I paid around £110 a corner all in at the local place. I left it a bit late getting them at the last minute between Christmas and new year before a long drive so didn't exactly shop around! They are 205/45/R16.

Associate
I don't think you can have 'overkill' on tyres. More grip in the wet is always worth having. I had F1s on a 206 and appreciated them on a couple of occasions... Some models of Corsa ship with them as standard!

Back
Top Bottom