new uPVC windows installed need to hang venetian blinds

Soldato
Esteemed OCUK forum members,

Like the title says I need to hang blinds but would prefer not to drill holes in the PVC, is there any good double sided sticky pads out on the market?

A search of these forums talked about "no more nails" double sided tape but would it hold up a set of blinds?

Blinds are 88cm * 100cm and 100 * 150

The reason I don't want to screw them in is that I just know the wife will want something different in a few months requiring more holes.

Or is there something you can get to patch up holes in uPVC?

Google is not my friend in this case or perhaps i'm not asking google the right questions. :p

Permabanned
I used those hooked that you stick onto the uPVC frame for my nets, but I hated them - they gave way at the slightest amount of pressure or tension. :mad:

In the end, I splashed out on metal rods that expand to the width of the frame - then the springs inside push the rubber ends of the rod against the frame, providing me with a reliable and reasonably sturdy object to hang my nets from. :p

Associate
Don't the blinds have brackets that can be screwed into the top of the window recess????

Mine are from the Next and Ikea, and their brackets can be screwed into the wall or window, but also have holes that allow fixing upwards into the window recess.

Soldato
OP
thanks philly.

Don't the blinds have brackets that can be screwed into the top of the window recess????

Mine are from the Next and Ikea, and their brackets can be screwed into the wall or window, but also have holes that allow fixing upwards into the window recess.

Sadly I can't attach them to the top of the recess as there is only a 5-7cm gap when the blinds are pulled up they measure slightly more (including the brackets) so I wouldn't be able to open the windows or door which is why I am attaching them directly to the windows and door.

Back
Top Bottom