New Vista Beta 5728

Don
32bit
64bit

cheers for the 64bit link in this thread.

from what i've read, this udpate contains..
-a few bugfixes
-general performance increases
-the ability to mute the windows startup sound

any more info anyone?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh I heard about this earlier, it's a pita considering I've just stuck RC1 on my laptop, ah well sods law tbh.

I'll probably wait untill they get a decent version out, then upgrade, and wait untill January (or whenever) to get a free copy through uni.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well having just got the PC back to XP I'm loathe if I'll be wiping it again. I'll download it anyway and go from there.

Comtemplating a set of new hard drives and if I go for them, then I may consider putting it back on.

Don
OP
JonRohan said:
Just installing this now on MS Virtual doo dar.

Its taking a while but slowly getting there.

from what i read before..

virtual machines don't like the large iso size, so the best way to install is to mount the iso with daemon tools, then tell vmware/virtualpc to use your local drive (whatever drive letter your iso is mounted onto)

its because of a 2gb (i think) iso size limit

Soldato
Thats a good idea. Although the install has just finished. I think I only have a two week license as I couldn't find my key. Its on a 5.2 gig VM File and going OK so far. :)

Soldato
Hmmm, tempting but think i'm going to stick with RC1. So close to getting everything I want working on it! Just need on raid driver for my dfi nforce4 ultra D lanparty and I'm done (hint hint).

Soldato
ok guys downloaded and installed the x64 version from the link i posted , i did an upgrade from rc1 , no problems at all , infact every thing seems to be smoother and faster again from rc1 , also windows experiance didnt work on my rc1 , because of a driver problem , but no problems with this build , so far , a very worthy download!

Soldato
yak.h'cir said:
Hmmm, tempting but think i'm going to stick with RC1. So close to getting everything I want working on it! Just need on raid driver for my dfi nforce4 ultra D lanparty and I'm done (hint hint).
my sata drive works fine now as well , all drivers installed automitacly

Soldato
some programs are going to give problems as vista is a completely new operating system , we just need to wait , if you use your main comp for a lot of differant things i wouldnt recommend installing vista at all untill leter next year once the programs can be patched or rewritten for vista

Back
Top Bottom