new vr headset, help please,

sut

sut

Associate
hi,

As i am sure most know the world cup has started and you are able to watch it via vr on the bbc. when i looked the bbc say to use samsung gear vr or oculos and both these are a little expensive for me to buy as a test to see if i enjoy the experience as i have never used these thing prior.
Can anyone tell me if there is a cheaper version that will still give a good experience as i only wasnt to use it for the football and maybe the odd shooting game, I have a samsung s9+.

any recommendations for a good / reasonable priced vr system please.

thank you
anthony

Soldato
You can get a GearVR add-on for your phone pretty cheap right now. From what I've read the World Cup VR quality is somewhat blurry, though the BBC app is well designed.

sut

sut

Associate
OP
GearVR add-on what is this? i now what the samsung gear vr but not sure what is meant by the add on.

Soldato
I tried it yesterday but as others have said it's just really a proof of concept. The resolution is too low and the image quality rubbish. The frame rate also seems bad as you can see obvious ghosting on the ball. Probably running at 30fps.

The concept is good but it'll be a few more years until the headaets, resolution and bandwidth get to the level to make it genuinely watchable. Stick to 2d for now.

Back
Top Bottom