New Water cooled build.

Associate
So I am wanting to do a new water build. This has been a long term plan but I now have the money to do so. I don't often upgrade a pc the last one is 7 years old as I do Laptop Upgrades in between.
My main question is on Three things.
The first is how hard it hardline tubing to work with. My last one was soft tubing.
The second is I was looking at motherboard CPU blocks over just CPU as why not at not too much extra. My question was how hard would this be to implement and is it even worth it. I did both my current GPU blocks my self is it similar?
And the third is on coloured coolant. I went with just the pure h2o last time with a biocide and well silver fitting for the bling :cry:. I was thinking of using a dyed coolant but all I remember is horror stories of gunk build-up and staining. Is this still a problem even with a regular flush of the system every 6 months either replacing or reusing the coolant again.

Any help would be amazing. Not a total newbie but as said been a while.

Associate
So I am wanting to do a new water build. This has been a long term plan but I now have the money to do so. I don't often upgrade a pc the last one is 7 years old as I do Laptop Upgrades in between.
My main question is on Three things.
The first is how hard it hardline tubing to work with. My last one was soft tubing.
The second is I was looking at motherboard CPU blocks over just CPU as why not at not too much extra. My question was how hard would this be to implement and is it even worth it. I did both my current GPU blocks my self is it similar?
And the third is on coloured coolant. I went with just the pure h2o last time with a biocide and well silver fitting for the bling :cry:. I was thinking of using a dyed coolant but all I remember is horror stories of gunk build-up and staining. Is this still a problem even with a regular flush of the system every 6 months either replacing or reusing the coolant again.

Any help would be amazing. Not a total newbie but as said been a while.

I started out with soft tubing and then dabbled with phase cooling and Pelts before going hard tubing and angled fittings.
Now I find myself bending hard tubing to get a cleaner look.
If you accept that you will likely scrap a piece of tube or two it isn’t that hard to obtain pleasing results.
The correct tools for the type and size of tubing your using will make this much easier and there is definitely a sweet spot of temperature for a good bend.
Coolant, I had a nightmare with solid white EK cryofuel, I really like the the Navy Blue (non solid) EK Cryofuel.

Back
Top Bottom