New Watercooled build. Lian Li O11 Mini

Associate
OP

DHL delivered the new pump very quickly from Swe so I drained, replaced pump with new one and took out gpu to attach cables correctly. Took about 3 hours so I am getting quicker.

Pump is much improved and no electronic squeal from it. It drained the small reservoir so much quicker so the flow rate on the 4.2 looks to be much greater than the 3.1. Can do office work with pump turned off so just fan noise and even at 100% it is not too bad.

There is still a capacitor hum but it is very light, I must be very sensitive to that frequency of sound. Could not get the Phanteks gpu block to light up, the cable looks to be plugged in correctly but doesnt seem to work. Something else to look into. The Corsair cpu block is low quality plastic but I really like how it casts light down onto the mobo.

Associate
OP
Your build looks great as well.

Took me 2 months to build my pc so not something to go into lightly. The EK air pressure tool is great, once you know the loop is airtight you can liquid fill with a high degree of confidence. I had no leaks thankfully.

Associate
Just read through all this thread as I am seriously considering a very similar setup to yours - but have to add after reading your entire thread it seemed like an epic journey you had building that fabulous looking beast... and got my head in a spin thinking it will be a bridge too far for my meagre begginer skills after reading all your 'woes' with your build

really dont know what to do - in the short term my current PC is really not fit for purpose being 8yrs old and photoshop no longer supports my chipset which is most annoying to say the least with constant crashing etc (unusable) so might go down the route of a quiet AIO and then next summer see about a rebuild with a similar set up to what you built

but hats off to you your build looks fantastic and the thicker hard tubing looks superb
so well done

Associate
Great build !!
I am just starting the upgrade journey and have pre ordered new mobo, case alderlake cpu etc.
As not many coolers available looking at an AIO solution as will be quicker and easier. However, this has got me thinking. As I don’t do major upgrades that often (10 years ago the last one) shall I just go all out.

What do you think the total cost would be ? Would it bee easy to leave Gupta on air for the first step then add another block later?

Associate
OP
I thought the watercooling would cost about £500 but was closer to £1000 by the end.

I started as a WC noob and now I am a bit less of a noob. I thought it would be easier than it was, you just have to work your way through the issues and keep ordering more parts to help.

An AIO works very well and is a quantum leap easier than a custom loop. Think very carefully before going this route and do not make decisions when drunk like I did.

Last edited:
Associate
I sure dont have £1000 to throw at a water cooling system but i was thinking because no GPU just cpu block pipes fittings one of those distro pump combo's I already have a 240mm radiator if it still fit for purpose would keep the price 'somewhat' reasonable - and they just look so nice

but after reading all your 'woes' i need to have a long think about where to go next my new PSU has just arrived corsair sf750 sfx so slowly amassing my bits and bobs - but dont think i will be fully happy unless i get a custom setup at some point - the more i see them the more i want one but my brain tells me it is so over the top for my needs also cant make my mind up as to get the white or snow white case grrr never used to be this hard

Associate
OP
It is not compulsory to mess up as many things as I did. I jumped in without thinking to clearly and didn't properly take on board some of the advice I was given.

You can make a loop and not spend what I did but the distro plates are not cheap so there will be money spent. AIO is easy so always an option.

Back
Top Bottom