New watercooling loop - some advice please

Associate
Tubing size: Not decided. I did read that because of the G1/4 fitting, most loops are restricted to 10mm at input/output of blocks etc, so I think I'll go for 10/13mm or 10/16mm. Not sure if there are any benefits besides ease of routing the tubing?

You know what ... I have never really thought about this, but it kind of makes sense... really glad I went 16/10 now :D ( I like 16 as its thicker and very hard to kink)

Sp120 Corsair fan I found pushed a nice bit of air and static pressure, little noisy for my tastes but then I sit in a little office with no sound dampening in the room at all.
I am a little confused, the fans look identical thou .. ?
I obviously missed something.

I see my advice about 140mm fans was ignored, as was my choice in EK blocks ... you know sometimes I wonder why I bother... :D (I am joking just incise you didn't get it :) )

Associate
You know what ... I have never really thought about this, but it kind of makes sense... really glad I went 16/10 now :D ( I like 16 as its thicker and very hard to kink)

Sp120 Corsair fan I found pushed a nice bit of air and static pressure, little noisy for my tastes but then I sit in a little office with no sound dampening in the room at all.

The G1/4 internal diameter is the reason I use 10/16 rather than a thicker tube and like you I prefer the reduced kinking 16mm gives compared to 13mm.

Also SP120's are almost silent when run below 900RPM while still pushing plenty of air.

Soldato
It doesn't matter if it's pushing 2 GPM or 0.2 GPM, if the components are cool then I'm happy.
This is why PWM pumps are nothing more than snake oil, once you have sufficient flow you gain nothing from additional flow (except a tiny amount of heat from the pump). All PWM does compared to vario is dynamically alter the volume/pitch of the pump noise lol.

Soldato
OP

I am a little confused, the fans look identical thou .. ?
I obviously missed something.

I see my advice about 140mm fans was ignored, as was my choice in EK blocks ... you know sometimes I wonder why I bother... :D (I am joking just incise you didn't get it :) )

The fans just have different RPM limits, which reduces the noise.

About EK and their waterblocks: If you can find me some nice waterblocks, that look good and perform well, I might take a look ;)

As for the fans, I only have space for 120mm fans in the basement (without case modding) and the 120mm mounts are easily installed in my case.

Back
Top Bottom