new watercooling project

Soldato
Hello basically i'm planning a project to watercool my current pc (in my signature) here is the list i have:

YOUR BASKET
1 x Aqua Computer AquaGrATIx - HD 6970 Typ2 Water Block £64.99
1 x XSPC X2O 750 Dual 5.25” Bay Reservoir Pump £59.98
1 x EK-Supremacy - CPU Waterblock - Copper Plexi £51.98
1 x Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GT Stealth 240 - XFlow £36.98
1 x BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller £28.99
1 x Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GTS-Lite 120 £24.98
2 x Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Venom Viper Cool Fan - 3/4 Pin £11.99 (£23.98)
1 x EK-CPU Easy Mount HF - Black £8.99
1 x Mayhems X1 UV Blue Premixed Watercooling Fluid 1L £7.99
1 x XSPC HighFlex Hose 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD, 19/12.7mm, 2m, Clear £6.98
10 x EK PSC Compression Fitting 13mm 3/8" - G1/4 - Nickel £3.98 (£31.84)
1 x OcUK Value PSU Bridging Connector (24 Pin) £1.30
Total : £349.02 (includes shipping : FREE).

i just want to know will this work as in do i have all the right components and are all the components compatible with each other e.g the right size, this is my first water cool and sounds like a lot of fun just need to someone to double check my list

Soldato
You need 1/2" - 3/4" Compressions to fit 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing.

Not too sure you'll need the Easy Mount kit either as its aimed at the Supreme HF not the Supremacy.

Fans: Unless you specifically want the colour of fan, then you could go for GT1850's, slightly better performing, perhaps slightly quieter at full speed. Saying that the Vipers are no slouch on a rad.

Fluid: I always suggest getting 2L to be safe, you don't want to fill the loop, find a problem, have to drain/re-fill etc... and get caught short of fluid.

Soldato
OP
You need 1/2" - 3/4" Compressions to fit 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing.

Not too sure you'll need the Easy Mount kit either as its aimed at the Supreme HF not the Supremacy.

Fans: Unless you specifically want the colour of fan, then you could go for GT1850's, slightly better performing, perhaps slightly quieter at full speed. Saying that the Vipers are no slouch on a rad.

Fluid: I always suggest getting 2L to be safe, you don't want to fill the loop, find a problem, have to drain/re-fill etc... and get caught short of fluid.

yeah i am getting 2 bottles of the stuff i forgot to change that in the basket quick question do i need bio side? its mentioned in a few watercooling vids but some fluids have it in already does that fluid? those compression fittings seem to be the right size for tubing but i have changed them anyway for these http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-101-XS just to be on the safe side.

Soldato
Those compressions will work with that tubing, for future reference just match up the tubing ID/OD with the compression ID/OD, you have to be careful with 1/2" tubing as I think occasionally it comes in with 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD where as the common sizing is 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD. The item description will tell you the sizes, I know a few have been caught out by this when compressions don't fit :)

And as above, mayhems premix comes with everything you need ready mixed in :)

Back
Top Bottom