New website crit

Soldato
Really nice site mate good job! Very neat and easy to read, i think a lot of people try to plough to much into a site and it just ends up over crowded and yours is clear and well presented.

Im no expert by any means, i have only just learnt to code in html and css (this week :p) so i have a lot to learn. Im looking to write my first site from scratch shortly, just need to decide what i would like to base it on and maybe learn some jquery as well to give it a nice little edge.

Will take some inspiration from yours for sure

Soldato
from an accessibility point of view it needs tweaking quite a bit. :(

It looks nice from someone with good vision, and you can tab through it ok but no alt tags on images etc.

Soldato
Yeah haven't got round to that yet. Video doesn't lend itself too well to blind people either :p

Don't say that to my boss she'll hunt you down and stamp on you! :p Video's that offer closed captions also appeal greatly to those with hearing impairment, and blind people can follow videos with good narration (or extra narration).

Until I started working here I would have said the same, but you'd be surprised what rules/laws/guidelines there are for people who are visually impaired (I won't even go into the pan-disability stuff).

Run the site through a WCAG or accessibility checker such as WAVE.

Color contrasts all look ok, keyboard nav works well.

We also use screen readers (ChromeVox is a decent Chrome one) and use good skip links :)

I'm building my photography site so know how hard it can be to take a visual site and try to make it fit everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom