New WFH chair needed. Read other posts but still not sure.

Associate
Hi Overclockers

I'm working from home and will be for at least a few months.
I'm in need of a new good, comfortable office/gaming chair.
I currently have a stool and my back is starting to hate me.
Years of recklessness and delivery driving have destroyed my spine and I feel myself arching over like a medieval bridge.

My desires:
- Lumbar support
- Adjustable height and backrest
- Preferably have adjustable arm rests
- Be relatively plain due to zoom/teams etc meetings
- be under £200 if possible

Steelcase please v2 from 2ndhnd..
Superb chair, I have one for my gaming/wfh rig... Wife tried it and after a few hours said "We need to order one of these for my office" So we now have 2.
Have had other chairs,

Steelcase please v2 from 2ndhnd..
Superb chair, I have one for my gaming/wfh rig... Wife tried it and after a few hours said "We need to order one of these for my office" So we now have 2.
Have had other chairs,

How much did you pay? I put an offer in for £250 on a fabric one and it was accepted.

You need to try and sit in them if possible. Hard I know right now. Based on various threads online, I tried a humanscale freedom and the infamous Herman Miller Aeron. Each had issues for me personally.

Used Humanscale Freedom should be within your price range. I bought a used one for £135 delivered and it's amazing, so much so that I've bought a second one (£182 this time, demand seems to be quite high).
Looks really good. I've found a refurbished one for £175. Want to be able to sit in them but it's near impossible currently.

You need to try and sit in them if possible. Hard I know right now. Based on various threads online, I tried a humanscale freedom and the infamous Herman Miller Aeron. Each had issues for me personally.
I've found in general that I find seats uncomfortable that most think are really comfy but I have a pretty weird back so I put it down to that. As you say, I need to sit in them and find out.
Got my first good chair after sitting in my house mates DX Racer whenever he was out.

Looks really good. I've found a refurbished one for £175. Want to be able to sit in them but it's near impossible currently.

Is that for the fullback version? When I went searching for a chair I wanted leather and the Freedom's were going for £450 refurbished.

I ended up getting one for free after some hassle.

The full back is lovely but has a bit of a love/hate feature. It's a self adjusting reclining back where the headrest moves closer....this bit is great and you can lounge back in great comfort with great head alignment. The only issue I have is if you have a disproportionate torso-to-leg ratio the self adjustment mechanism can be a bit awkward to control and it's often too easy to just lean back and then pretty much be laying down the next second. It takes time to dial in the seat/back/head/arm positions to get a nice balance...it'd be nice to have a recline lock for those times I want to slouch but in a somewhat upright chair.

I'd say if your interested in the Freedom either get a really good price (they resell easily so not a big issue) or try one out.

Back
Top Bottom