newb updating BIOS (DS4)

Associate
Hi, had my comp up and running for a while now all fine, realised I hadnt updated my BIOS, which is on version f2, checked the site and F5 is the latest, is that correct?

I downloaded the update which has 3 files,
965pds4.f5
autoexec.bat
flash895.exe
I just want to check if theres anything im supposed to do like backing anything up first? and which file do I run? anything else I should do/know before I do it, its the first time ive done it :)

Thanks

Simon

Associate
Hi there....first make sure your not overclocked if so return it to defaults....then all you need to do is delete 2 of the files put 965pds4.f5 file on to a floppy then restart....now press del on restart when in bios press F8 then go down to update main bios press enter it will then tell you what bios is on floppy....just hit enter it will verify....then enter again it will update + then verify ....when done press esc and restart ( which i do ).....or you can shut down clear cmos then startup and hit del....enter bios use failsafe defaults save and exit.....then your all done....very easy i've done it quite a no. of times.....as far as backup....no need to it has a backup bios chip anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Have just ran the windows program and it seemed to flash fine, but when rebooting it didn't power off. After forcing a restart it now hangs after the POST test which is fine... any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom