Newbie bikers thread

Associate
It depends which way the wind is blowing and how big the truck in question is. You are going to be close enough that is very unlikely that the driver will know you are there. We used to do this all the time to ring the extra speed out the bikes. Now what is no fun is when a big truck overtakes you in a very strong cross wind....loads of wind and the no wind at all and a very big truck getting far to close.

Associate
Alright guys, planning on getting a bike and taking my test next year ( 21) can i do my theory soon ? how long have a got to do my practical test ?

looking at theory discs says Valid untill summer 2010 is it changing this summer?

"The Official DSA Biker Pack 2009/10 / Theory Test And Better Biking"

"Specifications

* Minimum Requirements
* Valid Until Summer 2010"

Associate
Hmm... I wasn't close at all... wonder what else could have been propelling me...
shiftyeyes.gif

Effects of the previous nights curry ? :p

Associate
Being over 25, personally I would go direct access and take test on a 500cc bike, you can then ride any cc bike after your test.

Believe me, although you say you want a 125cc bike, it won't be long before you are fed up of having to ring the neck out of the thing for it to do anything ;)

Associate
If you do a CBT on a 125 you can then take your full test on your own 125 without the need to pay for bike hire training and someone to wait for you at the test centre, then upgrade to a 33hp bike for two years, it's a good idea if you've never ridden on the road to get a couple of years experience under your belt.

A 125 and a 33hp bike should hold there money well

Associate
Alright guys, planning on getting a bike and taking my test next year ( 21) can i do my theory soon ? how long have a got to do my practical test ?

looking at theory discs says Valid untill summer 2010 is it changing this summer?

"The Official DSA Biker Pack 2009/10 / Theory Test And Better Biking"

"Specifications

* Minimum Requirements
* Valid Until Summer 2010"

anyone?

Associate
OP
OK, garage is now empty. When I get a bike, I've got somewhere to put it. The shed that has sat in there, in bits, for over a year has gone to the scrapyard. They even gave me 80 quid for it :)

Also, I had a go on a bicycle at the weekend for the first time in probably 15 years! A bit wobbly at the start, but it all started coming back to me very quickly. It surprised me just how quickly I reacclimatised to being on two wheels. Although having to pull more bulk around now, it seems to take a lot more energy! This pedalling lark is too much like hard work - I need one with an engine ;)

Next step is to book a CBT. Probably going to phone up today about that, if I get some time.

Back
Top Bottom