Newly installed component speakers cutting out

Associate
OP
Speakers have been ruining great, so much better than the flimsy standard ones. I've ordered a second hand Sony XM-GTX6040 from eBay. So I'll start running the wires this weekend and get it mounted and see how it sounds and upgrade the rears too.

Do people run woofers in the rears too or should I just get coaxials?

Permabanned
Speakers have been ruining great, so much better than the flimsy standard ones. I've ordered a second hand Sony XM-GTX6040 from eBay. So I'll start running the wires this weekend and get it mounted and see how it sounds and upgrade the rears too.

Do people run woofers in the rears too or should I just get coaxials?
What car do you have?

Permabanned
Honda Integra DC5, they werent bad for 15 year old+ speakers to be fair
In that case I wouldn’t bother with rear speakers it will mess up your soundstage by dragging the sound to the rear.

You want to reproduce stereo sound you don’t want surround sound. The only thing rear speakers will do is give sound for the rear passengers, your not sat in the back your sat up front.

Get a decent amplifier for your fronts and do as much sound deadening as you can. Job done.

Once you've decided how big a front speaker you can fit in, you can look at rear speakers and make a decision on them. You should not, in theory, require any rear speakers, since there were never any rear microphones in the recording booth - it is stereo, remember. The addition of rear speakers on every car audio system except a DVD based Multimedia one is technically not right. However, since the rear walls of a concert hall or recording studio do create some reflections of sound (the concert hall a great deal more obviously) the rears are often used to reproduce these reflections. This has nothing whatsoever to do with whacking a set of 6x9 drivers into the parcel shelf and turning up the gain on your 1600W RMS amplifier! Since there are no dedicated rear left and rear right channels in a stereo world (don't confuse the fact that even a source unit that claims to have "front and rear RCA preouts" in reality only has 2 sets of LEFT AND RIGHT pre outs with their levels controlled by a fader) you need to be aware that if there is a gentle female vocal on the extreme left of the soundstage way deep in front of the ensemble, the left hand rear speaker will also try and play this which will somewhat spoil the effect (read "completely knacker it"!)
https://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/car-audio-explained.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom