Next day PC Windows activation issue.

Associate
Hi all.

I have purchased a newt day gaming PC and this comes with Windows installed on this. The issue is that when i go to activate this it comes up saying cannot activate and i cannot find a product key anywhere?

Help appreciated.

Soldato
Do you need to activate it if the Windows is "OEM"?

?? Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Activation is also known as OA. It basically is OEM basic input/output system (BIOS) activation -- meaning they've activated it already and you don't need to enter the key and activate yourself.

Try running "Belarc Advisor" - that will give you the Windows activation key that has been used?

Soldato
A Dell, HP, etc., OEM will have the activation is in the BIOS.

The OEM used on a PC built from of the shelf parts needs a key and to be activated (which it should have been by the builder).

Associate
The OEM used on a PC built from of the shelf parts needs a key and to be activated (which it should have been by the builder).
That isn't 100% true as some OEMs that use off the shelf parts can still add the license key to the BIOS (I have an OEM system that uses an off the shelf asus motherboard, and that has a windows license key in its BIOS).

Soldato
So? That doesn't change the fact that you may need a licence key and activation for an OEM copy of Windows.

In post #3 you basically said licence keys were no longer ever required because everything was BIOS based. I was adding a bit of clarification

Back
Top Bottom