Next gen console issues / troubleshooting thread

Soldato
There's likely to be issues with the new consoles and TVs with this latest gen and I thought perhaps a dedicated thread on the topic might be a good idea to get issues communally looked at.

------------------------------------------------------------------

First up: 120FPS / VRR support

------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that there's possible issues with the Samsung Q90T / Q95T sets and the net gen consoles. These pics aren't mine, but belongs to a fella I've chatted to about the TV in question.
I get my X soon and have the 95T, and will add my findings to this too.
Both SX and PS5 seeminly have bandwidth related issues on the HDMI 2.1 port.

EDIT: Solution
Firmware fix: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/QA55Q95TAWXXY/

GOSAoPQ.png

Symptoms: Ori and the will of the whisps running in HDR, 4k, 120FPS
NrptMy0.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
People with the C9 and CX panels need to make sure that they don't use VRR, as there is an unfixable hardware defect that washes out the blacks with it enabled.

The fella sent me some more pics, and there are pics of his blacks being completely crushed too on the Q95T

Soldato
OP
What are you on about? 4K120 is pointless as the new consoles aren’t powerful enough to run any graphically decent game at that combination of resolution and frame rate. They will be running around 1440p120 so I won’t miss out on anything running them at that resolution.

Jeez mate, I'm making poking a bit of fun. You seem to be getting more and more ornery in your posting style as the years go on. Gears MP runs at dynamic resolution, so there I'm mistaken. It would be interesting to know whether the older TVs that can't handle the 120/4K bandwidth would cope?

An example of 120/4K is Ori. Yea, not a TV / system seller, but thats not the topic of conversation.

Edit: Edited the OP with a solution. Turns out its a VRR related issue on the series X

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The dpad on my series s controller seems really "clicky" compared to the other buttons. Not loud per se, but definitely louder than all the other face buttons and triggers.

Might be the new style dpad, hard to say.

rp2000

Yeap, it seems much clickier than before. i think I'll enjoy it for fighting games as the input feels more "positive".

Soldato
OP
LG B9 not playing nice. Just installed latest 5.00.02 firmware

When in 4k 120hz mode in settings and boot up Gears 5, when it switches to HDR mode screen goes black, no signal. All round seems really buggy.

Also does the same when doing HDR calibration in settings. Using HDMI 1

how are fellow LG oled owners getting on?

Try Vincent's settings from scratch?

Soldato
OP
Does Australian firmware work on UK TV's?

Sorry, my bad. I'm pretty sure you guys got the update first, go have a quick gaggle... mine keeps on defaulting to the AU domain, and I'll update the link.

(the answer to your questions is, I'm sure it *should* work, but I have no idea what it means for your installed apps like the BBC stuff etc)

Back
Top Bottom