• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Next GPU from GTX 1050 Ti

Soldato
Hello, I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - but it doesn't run my grandsons games well. He may visit sometime - is there an available GPU that would be a good upgrade - and be affordable - i.e. <£250-300.

Is anything available in this crazy GPU world?

Mel

Man of Honour
For that budget you can get an enormous upgrade, but whether or not it'll be worth it depends on your use case. What games, what res, use of nvidia proprietary tech such as DLSS/RTX etc etc.

Used? The best you can get at the moment is likely a 5700XT or something around a 1080ti/2070 super on the MM.

New? I wouldn't even think about it right now to be honest.

:edit: ah! So I reread and saw you said under £250-300, my recommendations are at the high end of that. You're looking more at a 1080/2060 super/2070 or 5700 level for under £250 really. It's worth assessing your requirement as you will likely still get a really big upgrade from something much cheaper.

Soldato
OP
What games, what res, use of nvidia proprietary tech such as DLSS/RTX etc etc.
It's worth assessing your requirement as you will likely still get a really big upgrade from something much cheaper.

What does he play etc - I have no idea!! He was into flight simulators and truck driving simulators before lockdown. Kept our distance from the teenage-spreaders since then !!!!

Soldato
OP
For that budget you can get an enormous upgrade. The best you can get at the moment is likely a 5700XT or something around a 1080ti/2070 super on the MM.

New - I wouldn't even think about it right now to be honest.

Chance would be fine thing - OXUK out of stock of anything! Anything "pre-owned" on MM is gone before I see it!"!

Looks like next Autumn might be a good time to buy !!!!!

Man of Honour
What resolution screen are you
Chance would be fine thing - OXUK out of stock of anything! Anything "pre-owned" on MM is gone before I see it!"!

Looks like next Autumn might be a good time to buy !!!!!

Post a wanted thread, still slim pickings but at least you're more in control.

Soldato
OP
I cannot believe that New GTX1050Ti are selling for £180!!

The RX570 I bought for £140 is now £30 more and the RX580 seems about £60 more!

Madness around?

Last edited:
Soldato
Even the used market is too expensive at the moment. I can't recommend anything I wouldn't buy myself.

I'd recommend you wait a few months for new stock to pile up. Prices will drop. They'll be a 3050ti Vs 3060 Vs Radeon equivalents to choose from. That's what I'm doing.

Associate
For that budget you can get an enormous upgrade, but whether or not it'll be worth it depends on your use case. What games, what res, use of nvidia proprietary tech such as DLSS/RTX etc etc.

Used? The best you can get at the moment is likely a 5700XT or something around a 1080ti/2070 super on the MM.

New? I wouldn't even think about it right now to be honest.

:edit: ah! So I reread and saw you said under £250-300, my recommendations are at the high end of that. You're looking more at a 1080/2060 super/2070 or 5700 level for under £250 really. It's worth assessing your requirement as you will likely still get a really big upgrade from something much cheaper.
please show me where you found a rtx 2070 for £250 lol

Soldato
OP
Even the used market is too expensive at the moment. I can't recommend anything I wouldn't buy myself. I'd recommend you wait a few months for new stock to pile up. Prices will drop. They'll be a 3050ti Vs 3060 Vs Radeon equivalents to choose from. That's what I'm doing.

Wait and watch! Best idea. My GPUs are OK for me - Grandson complains!!

Back
Top Bottom