NFS:MW and GRAW

Soldato
Are these two games good? I can get them from work together for £25, but wnat some views first. I understand GRAW is supposed to be briliant, but whats NFS:MW like?

Cheers.

Soldato
Stellios said:
Are these two games good? I can get them from work together for £25, but wnat some views first. I understand GRAW is supposed to be briliant, but whats NFS:MW like?

Cheers.

NFS is OK, frame rate's a bit dodgy though.

GRAW is very good, how have you gone till now without playing it !?

Soldato
Stellios said:

Cheers.

NFS MW is ok, but its crap when you compare it to NFS carbon. The graphics are a million times better and there are absolutely loads of customisation options avalable (inc. the autosculpt). NFS MW is a bit too easy to progress through imo and only offers a challenge at the very end of the game where you need to evade cross for 5 mins and then make that jump - that was kinda hard.

Carbon also has lots more replayability (some of the reward cards will keep you going for ages) and more online modes. You won't get 1000 points here in a few hours!

My favourite part of carbon is the addition of the new race type where you need to race to the bottom of a canyon. It's so intense (even against the computer). First you start off my chasing the computer down to the bottom and get points for keeping up with them. You then switch and the computer chases you to the bottom, where you lose points as the computer gets closer. If you finish with any points remaing you win.

I'm just on the final boss currently and would definately say it amongst the best 360 games i have played so far.

Soldato
Most Wanted is better than Carbon (IMO) and still one of the most enjoyable games I've played on the 360.

GRAW is a must play too :)

Soldato
I have just bought most wanted again , i sold it on the MM but missed having a bash on it and now its on the classics range its cheap it cost me 17.99 .

I agree with others that carbon is a deeper game and the gamer points arent just awarded in the career mode like most wanted but i am still a big fan .

I dont have GRAW but i might get it if and when it comes out on classics range .

Associate
You'ld probably be best waiting for GRAW2 which is due out in March.

The original GRAW was absolutely amazing though for multiplayer (I never bothered with the single player campaign) and was played by a bunch of us OcUK people from about March to October (until the very flawed Gears of War came out...)

Caporegime
suarve said:
NFS MW is ok, but its crap when you compare it to NFS carbon. The graphics are a million times better and there are absolutely loads of customisation options avalable (inc. the autosculpt). NFS MW is a bit too easy to progress through imo and only offers a challenge at the very end of the game where you need to evade cross for 5 mins and then make that jump - that was kinda hard.

Carbon also has lots more replayability (some of the reward cards will keep you going for ages) and more online modes. You won't get 1000 points here in a few hours!

My favourite part of carbon is the addition of the new race type where you need to race to the bottom of a canyon. It's so intense (even against the computer). First you start off my chasing the computer down to the bottom and get points for keeping up with them. You then switch and the computer chases you to the bottom, where you lose points as the computer gets closer. If you finish with any points remaing you win.

I'm just on the final boss currently and would definately say it amongst the best 360 games i have played so far.

Sorry but i have to disagree, Carbon is probably the worst game in the NFS series i have ever had the displeasure of playing. Although when i first got it, i thought it was brilliant but the fact the AI makes it near impossible to win was the worst bit about it. Also didnt like the night time racing, thought it was absolute rubbish and the cars handling was crap as well.
Its one game i would recommend staying away from tbqh. I had my copy for a total of 3 days and i ended up trading it in as it was that rubbish.

NFS MW is much better though imho, much easier and you dont have to put up with a cheating AI although it will cheat lol. Plus its probably the easiest 1000pts i have ever attained i think, well next to madden 06 it is. There are some framerate issues but tbh it never bothered me. If you want an easy game then its definitely one to look at.

GRAW is quite good as well, i enjoyed it although when i first got it...i thought it wasnt all that but after a few days of playing it. I thought it was brilliant, cant wait for GRAW 2 tbh.

Definitely 2 games that i would recommend, easy to pick up and play.

Soldato
GRAW is great, even though it took playing it multiplayer on here to get me into the single player mode. Still have to play through on hard, will get round to it eventually :D

Most Wanted is one of those games Ill pick up for £10-15 which it seems to be down to now so no doubt Ill get it this year, just a matter of finishing off some other games first.

Back
Top Bottom