Nice areas to live in Darlington

Associate
Hi

I'm moving to Darlington in September due to relocation at work. I'm looking for advise from people who live in Darlington or know the area. I have a budget of 40k-65k to buy a 2 or 3 bed house and want to know the nice areas in Darlington which have a majority of working families and some housing benefit tenants.

Any nice bars or restaurants and areas to avoid.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Max

Don
Hi

I'm moving to Darlington in September due to relocation at work. I'm looking for advise from people who live in Darlington or know the area. I have a budget of 40k-65k to buy a 2 or 3 bed house and want to know the nice areas in Darlington which have a majority of working families and some housing benefit tenants.

Any nice bars or restaurants and areas to avoid.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Max

Is that your max budget or deposit? If it's the former I think you will be looking at the vicinity where the council houses are all based which doesn't constitute 'nice' really. What about Northallerton? Not far away but it's a lot nicer.

Soldato
Is this a troll thread? 1st ever post lol, not being very clear either, borrowing from friends one minute, and the getting a mortgage next.....

Might help if OP cleared things up a bit, and was a bit more clear on how much they have to spend.

Op's money + Family + friends + mortgage = ??

Caporegime
Should probably hold off buying, why don't you get a better job and then increase your budget a bit?

Seemingly you can borrow at least 15k from family, you don't state how much of the original figure is deposit though?

Lets assume you have no deposit at all aside from the 15k from family and you do a min wage job - then assuming a 40 hour week you'd still be on just over 14k and able to borrow circa 80k... though presumably when you made the OP and hadn't mentioned borrowing from family you had a deposit saved up?

It wouldn't take a huge leap to increase your budget to more like 100k

Soldato
Why on Earth wouldn't you just take out a mortgage?

Why on earth would you take out a mortgage? You're basically lining the pockets of some random stranger who owns everyone's money just to borrow some cash for a place to live. I think that's a sad reason to give money to people for.

Better off borrowing from family tbh. Zero interest (or if you do choose to give interest then it's in the family's interest not some greedy bank manager lol, no constant worry of repossession for paying 2 days late, etc. I personally cant think of a single reason why borrowing from a bank is better than borrowing from family, unless your family is broken or you don't have one or something.

Don
Why on earth would you take out a mortgage? You're basically lining the pockets of some random stranger who owns everyone's money just to borrow some cash for a place to live. I think that's a sad reason to give money to people for.

Better off borrowing from family tbh. Zero interest (or if you do choose to give interest then it's in the family's interest not some greedy bank manager lol, no constant worry of repossession for paying 2 days late, etc. I personally cant think of a single reason why borrowing from a bank is better than borrowing from family, unless your family is broken or you don't have one or something.

80k or 150k house is why...considering your llife revolves around your work and home I'd rather put myself and family in the best position both in happiness and safety.

Back
Top Bottom