Nice chair, not too in your face racing seat looks

Soldato
So, I want a chair but not something quite as boy racer looking as many seem to be, I'd like it to be a bit more subtle, something good for my back would be a bonus. Importantly something solid that doesn't make a lot of noise, I move around in the one I have and you can hear it in the room under me, I'm often up late, so this can be an issue. Something that's good on carpet would again, be a bonus.

Any idea guys? Even if it's just the brand and I can look through the styles etc.

Caporegime
I just (5 minutes ago!) bought a "Staples Kashmir Microfibre Manager's Chair", they are superbly comfortable! I sat in my friends one and my immediate reaction was to ask him what chair it was so that I could buy one... :D

It was £125 incl delivery. I don't know where you're based but someone is selling one for £30 second hand in Sheffield too. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I just (5 minutes ago!) bought a "Staples Kashmir Microfibre Manager's Chair", they are superbly comfortable! I sat in my friends one and my immediate reaction was to ask him what chair it was so that I could buy one... :D

It was £125 incl delivery. I don't know where you're based but someone is selling one for £30 second hand in Sheffield too. :)

Cheers, had a look but the top of it isn't quite to my taste, that's actually a bit too boxy, is there something with a bit more flair but doesn't look like it was designed in an anime studio? any creaking when you swivel/ move around in it? The support looks a bit generic and I find they will randomly drop an inch now and then and cause a sudden thud when they do it. The padding looks like it may be quite comfy, mind.

Soldato
OP
Depends how much you want to spend but Steelcase Leaps always come very highly recommended. Plenty available second hand too.

Seem very office chair and those prices :D

I sort of want something between an office chair and a gaming chair.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/dxra...-chair-black-white-oh-ce120-nw-gc-068-dx.html

That's probably the best example I can find on overclockers but they are out of stock and the colour scheme is perhaps not quite to my tastes, it's just a little more understated than the boy racer look that would have appealed to me in my early 20s

Associate
I like mine and find it very supportive. However, the back support isn't adjustable, so you need to drop down to a local store to see if it will work for you

Soldato
OP
I'll probably have to skip that then, Spud. My backs a little all over the place these days, will try one if I get the chance, mind. Cheers for the suggestion anyway :)

Just been having a look at the DX classic, thought, "Yup, I'm happy with that. I'll find one of them." Then I come across "The DXRacer chair rant" on youtube and the quality standards are ****, by the looks of it. I'm not as picky as the guy in the vid but I've had enough RMAs this year. pffft

Associate
A chair is a very individual thing, what works for one person is totally uncomfortable for another. For example, I find the 'boy racer' chairs to be totally unworkable for office based tasks, but others love them.

You really need to check things out for yourself and try a range of options before committing to something that you will, hopefully, spend many happy hours in and will possibly outlast every component that you currently own if you get it right.

Best of luck :)

Soldato
So, I want a chair but not something quite as boy racer looking as many seem to be, I'd like it to be a bit more subtle, something good for my back would be a bonus. Importantly something solid that doesn't make a lot of noise, I move around in the one I have and you can hear it in the room under me, I'm often up late, so this can be an issue. Something that's good on carpet would again, be a bonus.

Any idea guys? Even if it's just the brand and I can look through the styles etc.

If you want something hard wearing, comfortable with adjustable lumbar support try something like this, https://www.officefurnitureonline.c...150-200/alpha-24-hour-leather-task-chair.html I bought one last week and it's like sitting on a cloud!

Soldato
OP
Hmmm, well I went for the Noble Epic. It's the most understated design at the moment with just a bit of red accenting and I don't find the bucket seat look too offensive on that model and the branding is discreet, massive plus, there. Order's been processing all day, so I guess I won't be getting it tommorow.. pfft.

I'm a bit skeptical about quality on these gaming chairs from a quality perspective, seems some are just cashing in on a gimmick but these are apparently well packed, so at least I don't have to deal with transit damage again, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom