Nice suprise

Permabanned
Dad gave me a Pentax K1000 film camera. Never used film so wont use it.

However it was attached to (or maybe the other round) a pentax super takumar 50mm f1.4!

D70 has AF built in so it should autofocus with this lens, i havent tried it yet as its in the car. Im told bokeh is excellent and it certainly feels a lot better made than the plasticy 50mm 1.8 i currently have.

I can see the blades on it and the lens is in mint condition so im quite chuffed!

Associate
It's a very nice lens, but unfortunately won't focus on the D70 due to it having no electrical contacts or screw mechanical coupling (screw drive) to the body.

If it came off a k1000 it will be pentax K mount, this means that you won't be able to use it on your D70 without an adapter with an optical element in (which are pricey and reduce the lens' superb quality).

If I was you I would give it a go on the film body, the k1000 is a very nice camera to use.

Soldato
My brother had a K1000 with a 50mm 1.8 lens... It's an excellent camera and lens, get a roll of film and at least give it a try.

Caporegime
If it came off a pentax you will need an expensive adapter. In the endm you might as well just buy the Nikon 50mm if that is a lens you really want.

Alternatuvely, play with the film camera, it would be a great teaching aid.

Soldato
Use film too, it's a lot of fun. And I actually don't mind the Nikon 50mm, it's built better than the Canon one afaik.

Caporegime
TBL:

RageFace.png

Soldato
What's with the snippy/smart assed replies?

He obviously made a mistake in thinking that the inbuilt AF motor would work with this lens'. Not the crime of the century.

Anyway, TBL, get a couple of rolls of film at get shooting! ;)

Commissario
twoblacklines - get yourself a roll of 35mm film (if that's what it takes!) and at least try and shoot some film. Can always get it developed at Boots or wherever for next to nothing, makes you work a lot harder and the results can be fantastic :)

Back
Top Bottom