Nice that they pay attention!

Soldato
I always thought that Sunday 'match days' in Swindon were the worst days for unobservant idiots to come out on the road, but I think this weather is twice as bad!

Out on the bike Sunday afternoon, about 15:00, I stop at a large-ish roundabout to give way to a car coming from the right, I then join the roundabout myself and proceed ahead - it's a two lane dual carriageway jobby; so I end up in the right-hand lane coming up along-side this guy who I had just given way to. My spidey sense starts to tingle as I'm coming along-side him and within a fraction of a second he's indicating and moving onto my lane rapidly.... as I'm in line with his door!

As soon as he crossed the crown of the road I started sounding my horn, whilst simultaneously moving my bike towards the grass central reservation and slowing down - the guy actually got halfway into my lane before waking up and jerking his car back into the left-hand lane!

Thankfully we had only just entered the straight (a 50 limit) and were only doing about 40 at the time; otherwise I may not have had the time to react and would have had a re-run of the 2008 accident :(

Next idiot was last night..... a copper! Coming through Wootton Bassett towards Swindon I approach a large pedestrian crossing with a turning for cars after it. I see a blue estate just after it wanting to turn right, crossing my path, and he's a safe distance away (only just though!) - he goes and by the time he's clear it would be unsafe for anyone else to pull across.... but that didn't stop the Police car!

I had to slow down and just held up my hand as if to say "hello, didn't you see the blazing bright headlights!", I really wanted to go have words or give him a nice 'Nescafe' sign, but thought better of that :p

So, when it’s hot, keep them extra peeled guys!

Back
Top Bottom