Night Sky (Amazon Original)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Liked Outer Range? Try this one, it's even better!

J K Simmons and Sissy Spacek in a unique SciFi tale without the usual scifi theatrics. Really really well acted, superb musical score even if mostly subtle but very fitting, reminds me of Interstellar during key moments.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
It's not similar z it's better. Outer range was about the characters, this is even more so with better cinematic moments and what the gateways are for is explained within a few episodes too leaving new questions on th table.

Soldato
Outer Range was a bit of nothing for me. Started like a poor man's Yellowstone, got a little better then fell flat. Also seemed like they rushed the ending.

Will give this one a try though, thanks for the heads up.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
You are correct in that it doesn't have pew pew lasers every few moments and space ships or future tech in every scene. that's what makes it great sci-fi - Pure character driven - And IMO they are not boring at all these two.

Soldato
You are correct in that it doesn't have pew pew lasers every few moments and space ships or future tech in every scene. that's what makes it great sci-fi - Pure character driven - And IMO they are not boring at all these two.

Where did i say i wanted "pew pew"?! What are you on about. It's a dull drama that entices people in with a cool scifi premise. Then disappoints.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
It was assumed based on how you worded your post and capitalised certain words. A reasonable assumption to make given that. It is pretty clear you seem to be in the minority though, just look at a handful of reviews on the usual places.

Soldato
Up to episode 3 so far, really enjoying it - I do like a good mystery and I like the slow and steady way this is building, plus the two leads are fantastic actors.

Man of Honour
Anyone know if this is a remake? I can't see any indication of such but I've seen several people online claiming they've watched it before a few years ago and that it was basically the same show but has been reshot with some different actors - but I can't find anything that supports that online.

It seems interesting enough, albeit slow going, but like Outer Range doesn't really seem to be going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom