Nightmare Problems...

Associate
Asus p8p67, Sandybridge 2600, 16gb RAM, Asus GTX480, Intel X-25M SSD.

I've had a fair few problems as of late and I'm hoping a new PSU arriving today will fix them.

Ok I install most games to a second hard drive, I've had times when I'm playing these games and the PC reboots, on reboot there D: is no longer showing. On another reboot it's back.

I've had times where the operating system is not detect and I check the bios and the SSD is not showing.

When I've been playing an intensive game (installed to my ssd) my programs have stopped responding for up to a minute at a time. It will do this periodically until it doesn't resume play and I have to reboot.

I put the ATI card in and ran the ATI tool - artifacts appeared (maybe dodgy card?) rebooted with Nvidia card and tried underclocking it - artifacts appeared.

Reboot PC and it wants to run chkdsk, this doesn't proceed past 64% checking indexes (left over night). Tried safe mode it stopped loading files and there were a few broken coloured horizontal lines at the top of the screen.

So today i've got some new clean hard drives turn up and the PSU is due later - i'll have to try installing windows on the drive and saving my SSD drive data.

Any thoughts on my issues? :(

Soldato
did you just have the ssd plugged in when you installed the o/s, heard of issues where it offloads files to mechanical drives if they are attached.

running ati card then nvidia, was a driver uninstall performed between loading each card ?

ssd plugged into the right sata point, all cables secure etc.

what psu are you currently using.

tried removing some memory sticks and running on a single stick, or running memtest over all the sticks.

cpu temps running ok ?

Associate
OP
CPU temps are ok, as well as ATI and Nvidia. I have many times clean the drivers on and off between cards - even reloaded the o/s and the problems were occurring just the same.

I did have a problem with the mbr on a mechanical drive but I rebuilt it on the SSD to get over it, and when I reinstalled windows - I made sure it was just the SSD plugged in.

I'm using a "850W Toughpower" PSU currently.

Cables are secure, I will have to confirm the SATA point used. I have run a couple of cpu/memory test applications one over night with no errors to report. I haven't tried reducing the sticks of memory.

Associate
I used to have this problem on my old pc using a single hard drive, it'd randomly lock up / wouldnt be detected when booting, tried various drives and had the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom