Nildram.

Soldato
OP
Jimbo said:
My line is interleaved too, I emailed Nildram about it a few times and got no reply at all. I just accept it now.
I don't want to make the move to my new ISP and be told that I should have sorted it out before I migrated :(

I might email Aquiss actually, see what they say - they're customer support/pre-sales is supposed to be fantastic :)

SW.

Associate
Heres a couple of quotes from support on the Aquiss forum

24/10/2006
Please be aware that BT are currently experiencing issues with a proportion of requests made to change the status of interleaving on a connection. Orders are showing as completed via the BT install reports, but the status of interleaving remains in its previous mode.

BT have given no indication that this is affecting all interleaving orders and the issue is currently being dealt with as a fault by their Development Team.

28/10/2006
BT have advised ISPs that at present they are unable to accept requests to change Interleaving on the lines. Work to correct this problem is expected to start on November 3rd. We will keep customers aware of the situation.

Associate
sam.wheale said:
I might email Aquiss actually, see what they say - they're customer support/pre-sales is supposed to be fantastic :)

SW.

I'd heard that and then found out support is only open 9-5 Monday-Friday. So it's good as long as you don't work!!

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

I emailed Nildram at 3:30pm requesting my MAC and I've just had a reply - the quickest ever responce I've ever had from them :eek: :eek: :eek:

In my email I said it was a shame that such a great ISP with a excellent reputation had gone downhill so much, and that I was leaving because of this and recent changes to they're T&C's.

They replied with:

Thank you for your email, I can certainly provide your mac code, but before I do,- We have taken into account the comments about traffic management, and as a result of feedback has invested significantly in network capacity to support this change. This enables all customers to use high bandwidths for any traffic type at all times. However individuals who persistently download excessively high volumes of data using NNTP or P2P will be asked to limit their usage to reasonable amounts to prevent impacting the quality of service for others.

So if you wish to stay, I will provide next month at half price - we have now stopped the management policy. Please let me know what you wish to do, if you do still wish to leave let me know and I will provide your mac code promptly on your reply.

I look forward to your feedback
So what do I do, get my next month 1/2 price? And then leave :D

SW.

Associate
Well I reckon that there talking *******, Heres whats been posted by adslguide today

Nildram are no strangers to traffic shaping having implemented it temporarily back in 2003 when it was used to ensure services like gaming would still run until more capacity into the BT network came online. Now in 2006 it would appear traffic shaping has come back as a permanent addition to both the consumer and business products.

ISPreview has reproduced an email to a customer from Nildram customer support which details that newsgroups (NNTP traffic) are part of the new policy. Alas no fuller explanation of what the various traffic priorities are has been given as yet, but more information is planned and hopefully Nildram will ensure we get a copy.

Of course for the few users who make extensive use of newsgroups this development will be most unwelcome. For other users it is a case of wait and see what happens, although if you are already on a product that has usage limits, having additional traffic controls will probably not be a welcome addition. Traffic Shaping is often used to stop a small number of protocols from swamping available capacity, but there is a fine line between using it in a way that does not cause problems and exploiting its ability to squeeze more customers into the existing network.

Soldato
sam.wheale said:
Hey guys,

So what do I do, get my next month 1/2 price? And then leave :D

SW.

no you get your next month at 1/2 price then send in another MAC request and get another month 1/2 and so the cycle continues muhahahha

Permabanned
I noticed Nildram going down the pan a couple of months ago, I recently moved over to BT Business 8mb DSL Max and it's fantastic, I honestly can't complain. I download around 300gb a month from newsgroups, However it's a two year contract

Soldato
DQN said:
I noticed Nildram going down the pan a couple of months ago, I recently moved over to BT Business 8mb DSL Max and it's fantastic, I honestly can't complain. I download around 300gb a month from newsgroups, However it's a two year contract

Can anyone go on bt business account, or is it reserved for just business.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Question: I'm hoping to move from Nildram to UKFSN but im confused by what they mean by the IP's why would i need 8 static IP's and is the Single Static IP free?

IP Address: Single Static IP 8 Static IPs (Free) 16 Static IPs (£25+VAT)

Back
Top Bottom