Nismo 370Z Thoughts?

Associate
Hey all,

What are peoples thoughts on the Nismo 370Z? These are in a lot of ways a modern day old school sports car, but never see any on the road. It has a NA 3.7L V6 (350hp @ 7500 rpm), RWD with an LSD, manual box with down shift rev matching, rays forged alloys, recaro CS bucket seats etc.

Why are these not more popular?

Pic below:
370z-nismo-fs1.jpg

370z-nismo-recaro-seats.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think they sit in a bit of a problem spot in that people that can comfortably afford them tend to look to the GTR instead and those that can't tend to look at the 350 instead hence not very popular.

Soldato
I have a 370z Nismo, bought it last September, brand new. So 1 years ownership in and I'm really happy with it.

It is a true sports car, the handling is amazing. The car just puts a big smile on my face everytime I get into it. The NA style is perfect too, turbo charged cars are good, and I've come from Scooby ownership but I much prefer the linear aspect of the NA engine, there are less and less cars that are NA now though, so choices are limited.

As for the costs involved.
Car was just under £40k to buy
Road tax is £140 per year
Insurance is £500 per year with business usage included
It has averaged 26 mpg since ownership (never reset it)
After 6700 miles (2 weeks ago) my tyres still ahve 4.6mm treat on the rear and 5.1mm on the front. The brakes have only worm 25-30% on all four corners.

I feel that the 370z is a much more affordable car to own over a new GT-R. That being said a 3-4 year old GT-R could be similiar in terms of buy cost but running maintainance and running costs are much more.

Where about are you based? I'm happy to give you a ride in mine if you want to see what it is like :) If you can get to OcUK local area.

Here are a few pics of mine.

2018-05-11%2019.34.42.jpg

2018-05-11%2019.34.57.jpg

2018-05-11%2019.33.23.jpg

Soldato
I considered one but I'd rather the Cayman, although I've driven neither so that's said with a pinch of salt.

A review I read ages ago said the Cayman is the better sports car and the Z4 is a better daily. This seems to sit in the middle?

Caporegime
Yeah but but the price differential will still be the same, probably even more as Porsche hold their prices rock solid.

I paid just under 40k for mine. Mines low mileage and has nigh on every option ticked. So it's similar in price to what Ace paid. Yeah there are cars out there for up to 60k but there are also ones out there for 20k. It probably will be older than a comparitive z but age ain't everything. I'd rather have a 5 year old m3 than a brand new 320d!

Soldato
Yeah but but the price differential will still be the same, probably even more as Porsche hold their prices rock solid.

Why must both cars be of the same age? The Porsche is more expensive because it's a better drivers car. As it's more expensive it'll mean buying and older one. The age has no bearing on whether it's a better car as we’re not talking massive differences in age. A £20k Cayman will still be better than a £20k 370Z, unless the 370Z ticks more boxes for the OP. I think the 370Z looks better, especially from the rear.

Umm yeah I see your points, I always thought you bought the z cars to obtain 80-90% of what the more expensive rivals offer for quite a bit less which I guess is true when you compare the standard 350/70z Vs the Cayman/Boxter. Maybe not as much so with the Nismo?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
If you want something with nice grunt, reasonably rare and good handling and you don't drive like a nutter or push a car to 10/10th's and beyond the 370Z is great.

If you do push a car hard and too its limits then the Cayman is simply in another league, its a true sports car and proper drivers car and if I had 40k and my options with 370Z or used Cayman S I'd be going to Porsche tomorrow to buy a used Cayman S with 2yr OPC warranty. :)

Soldato
And if you don't push 10/10 is the Z4 a better buy? Might be less reliable I guess and the price may make a difference here because the Z4 might be closer to the 370Z when it comes to normal driving.

OcUK Staff
And if you don't push 10/10 is the Z4 a better buy? Might be less reliable I guess and the price may make a difference here because the Z4 might be closer to the 370Z when it comes to normal driving.

Not driven a modern Z4 so hard to comment, assume your talking about the modern turbocharged versions? If so they are supposed to be fantastic and hugely quick especially if you map them, they have ZF8 I think so as a daily car and acceleration wise car probably the winner of them all as so easy to drive. But no idea how they handle on limit, if anything like an M2 then epic, the last Z4 I drove was the Z4M Coupe some years back, what a riot that was, total drift machine, great fun and sounded awesome been essentially the S54 shoved into a tiny car. :D

Back
Top Bottom