Nitefly’s first build: a “will it turn on?” adventure

Man of Honour
Hello!

I have been posting for several months in the hardware forums with all sorts of nooby questions, in preparation for what will be my first ever gaming pc. I’m very excited as I have always wanted one, but I’ve never had the space in my house to have one. Now that I’m in a house with ample room, it’s time to get cracking :D

As with everything, I inevitably end up going way, way over the top with spending. However, I have truly enjoyed all the hours and hours research over the passed months in anticipation and in finding my new hobby, so in that sense, I feel I have already got my monies worth.... sort of :o

I must stress that it was not the case that the excited 10 year old in me wanted to show off his components. Instead, I loudly declared “AVENGERS ASSEMBLE” (for no particular reason) and the bits all flew out of their packaging and onto the table!! :eek: Quite astonished, I took a snap:

Lp0vUEN.jpg

List of bits are as follows:

Lian Li OD XL (white)
AMD 5950x
Gigabyte 3090 Vision
G.Skill 2x16gb 3800 cl14 ram
MSI B550 Unify-X
WD 2TB sn850 (with heatsink)
ASUS ROG Thor 850w
Kraken z73 radiatior
10x Lian Li SL120 fans
Cablemod white braided cables and white AIO mesh (latter not pictured as apparently not ‘Avenger class’)
EK vertical mounting kit
LINKUP 4.0 pcie riser
ASUS ROG PG259QNR (a holder before I get a new whopper monitor later in the year)

I will start putting it together this week and will build my new kitchen cabinet based desk later in the month (as that’s when the cabinets are due).

Should be good fun! I do hope it works.... :o :D

Updates to follow....

Soldato
Scariest time for me.. that moment you press the power button and nothing comes on.

Even worse so when you're trying to diagnose it in a hardline watercooled system and having to drain the loop first before you can even get to the part you need to check!

Good luck mate and have fun.

Caporegime
Scariest time for me.. that moment you press the power button and nothing comes on.

Even worse so when you're trying to diagnose it in a hardline watercooled system and having to drain the loop first before you can even get to the part you need to check!

Then you realise the PSU isn't plugged in :D

Man of Honour
OP

Cheers buddy!
Then you realise the PSU isn't plugged in :D
I’m anticipating that I will do something as dopey as this :D

Soldato
Been a while since I built my last PC, and not built one with RGB yet.

I've been looking at the same case and fans. Would be helpful if you showed how the RGB was all connected together and controlled.

Soldato

I've been looking at the same case and fans. Would be helpful if you showed how the RGB was all connected together and controlled.
tbh when you do so much RGB, it makes you want to do a dark zero RGB themed pc. Seen one lately with matte black tubing and it looked the bees knees especially with noctua's brown and black fans, looks stealth.

Soldato
Planning to do two builds. For myself, just looking for a clean white and black theme with a no lighting. My son will want the full range in the case, keyboard, mouse and headset :)

Associate

I have a second hand black 011XL with 10 Bora 120mm fans and vertical GPU mount available

Associate
Good luck with the build mate, looks like a very nice selection of parts. I looked long and hard at the PC 011 case also, they look beautiful. The Lian Li Unifans are a nice touch as well, heard nothing but good things about them and it should make the cable management way easier for you.
I have a few of the same parts as you in my build namely GPU (except mines a founders edition lol) and my NVME drive is the same.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the progress and finished build pal. Take care

Caporegime
By way of a brief update... what a stressful couple of days sorting this! Currently struggling to install windows but will get there in the end and will post updates / photos but to whet your appetites...

This happened:

Also, completely seperately, this:

:D

:D

Build looks awesome!

Back
Top Bottom